- Software Engineering and Connectivity
- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
We push the boundaries of what others have defined as possible. Our engineering approach starts with different thinking. Then we continuously refine our ideas - unwilling to compromise and driven by an obsession for finding a better way. Today we employ more than 5,800 people around the world in software engineering, mechanical engineering and science-related roles.
We have a range of opportunities, at all levels, for Real-Time Embedded Software Engineers within the Dyson Embedded Software team.
If you have used a Dyson product, you will have experienced software that has been produced by usWe developed the user interface for the latest V15 cordless vacuum cleaner and the Corrale hair straightener. We wrote all of the software running on the Dyson Pure Hot + Cool and the Dyson Lightcycle. We built all of the Wi-Fi and Bluetooth Low Energy solution to make our products part of the Internet of Things.
Dyson is ambitiously evolving and expanding its product lines, which challenges us to develop exciting solutions and engage with new technologies which can’t reveal just yet.
About the roleWe are looking for Real-Time Embedded Software Engineers to join our team as we expand our product portfolio. You will be a key member of the embedded software team and will help to develop the next generation of Dyson products. You will work in a scrum / agile environment, in a team that is constantly aiming to improve itself. We are looking for someone who desires to create high quality, robust code to solve diverse real-world problems. You must be fluent in C and be comfortable in the whole product life cycle, including design, implementation, deployment, testing and debugging of application code.
- Use of C and Python
- Low level debugging experience
- Version control (preferably git)
- Scrum Agile experience
- Automated Testing
- Software Design
- Continuous integration and continuous delivery
- Experience of communications protocols such as WiFi and Bluetooth Low Energy
- Real Time OS
- Experience of interfaces such as UART, I2C and SPI
- Training opportunities (In house and External)
- A good work-life balance (we work hard whilst we are here, but we don’t typically work late nights or weekends)
- Interesting and varied work, where you won’t be pigeon-holed
- The opportunity to work on products that you will see in the shops and that you can be proud to have been a part of
- Working with other highly experienced engineers and continuing to learn something new every day
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Life assurance
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidized café
- Discounts on Dyson machines
- Private Medical and Dental
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.