- Competitive package
- Information Technology
- Seoul - South Korea
This Regional Compliance and Approvals
Manager is primarily responsible for delivering seamless regulatory
guidance and approval for Dyson’s highly-innovative and ground-breaking range
of products within the region. The role will collaborate closely with the
local RDD (Research Design and Development) teams and Compliance and Approvals
teams in the hubs engaging in the research of regulatory
requirements and delivery of local approvals for our products as
This role is responsible for understanding and defining the regulatory requirements within the region, maintaining awareness of the regulatory landscape and any forthcoming compliance issues and communicating the information to the global business.
Internally, they will interface on a day-to-day basis with category and engineering teams and with the Compliance and Approvals teams within UK and SEA. The role also includes extensive contact with regional regulators, Certification Bodies, testing laboratories, industry associations and standards bodies to ensure Dyson is well equipped to access the markets in the region with innovate, compliant and approved products.
A key part of this role is researching, understanding and confirming the Regulatory requirements within the region, maintaining awareness of the regulatory landscape and any forthcoming compliance challenges. The role also includes extensive contact with regional regulators, Certification Bodies, testing laboratories, industry associations and standards bodies.
- Research, identify and document the local regulatory requirements for proposed products and feed these requirements into the C&A process.
- Maintain a close understanding of the regional regulatory landscape to identify potential changes, threats & opportunities coming from the regulatory environment.
- Maintain a good understanding of the potential technology direction of Dyson in order to understand threats & opportunities within the regulations.
- Manage & optimize the local approvals processes to ensure the smooth and predictable clearance of Dyson products.
- Support local approvals testing activities to resolve any issues that might arise.
- Develop and maintain excellent working relationships with the key players in the local approvals landscape, including: regulatory bodies, certification bodies, testing laboratories and others involved in the approvals process.
- Engage, where appropriate, with the local industry bodies and standardization committees to understand local trends and influence where possible.
- Collaborate with other Dyson teams to continuously improve the speed and effectiveness of the approvals processes.
- possess +/-10 years of experience of product approvals, testing and certification
- have excellent knowledge of the local regulatory authorities and their processes, and broad expertise in compliance and approvals processes for consumer products (or similar)
- be an expert in understanding and interpreting industry standards
- Graduate or post-graduate degree in a science or engineering
- Good networking and influencing capability, especially with external bodies and regulators
- Committee participation or similar highly desirable
- Excellent communication, both written and verbal - fluent in English and Korean
- Technical, personal and business credibility to work effectively with cross functional teams and at different levels inside the organization
- Excellent creative and disciplined problem solving skills
- Ability to adapt plans to changing environments
- Excellent project management skills
- Detail orientated
- Excellent collaboration skills
- Accountability – demonstrated through ownership and continuous achievement of ambitious goals
- Collaborative approach across engineering and global teams
- Perseveres to get the best result
- Passion for success and overcoming obstacles
Dyson monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and pension contributions. Beyond that, you’ll also enjoy a profit-related bonus, generous leave and life insurance. But financial benefits are only the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, flexible working hours, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to creativity, innovation and ambition.