- Design and Development
- Mexico - Country Remote
Dyson is a global technology enterprise. We solve the problems others choose to ignore, with surprising new inventions that defy convention and simply work better. We’re growing fast and our ambition is huge – more categories, more locations and more people. Dyson launched in Mexico in 2018 as our first step in to Latin America. Our Mexico office is located in the Polanco area of Mexico City and our expanding team is a key contributor in helping us deliver growth throughout the market.
About the role:
Compliance & Approvals (C&A) is the Dyson Global team ensuring that Dyson products meet the legal requirements for all countries of sale and gain the necessary approvals in the appropriate timeframe.
As part of the regional C&A team, you will be responsible to support and influence global C&A group, local business teams, work with government authorities, and 3rd party labs through technical guidance to ensure approvals for all Dyson products. In addition, you will lead the region for the C&A team to provide technical expertise in standards requirements for current and new innovative products that Dyson develops.
As well, work as part of a cross-functional team to review and communicate in a timely manner, specific risks arising from regulation changes, customs, design and packaging changes.
Grow C&A responsibilities to expanding markets to other LATAM regions.
Specific key responsibilities include:
- Support all certification activities: factory inspections, product approvals, market surveillance, documentation review. This includes all operations in Mexico and export out to other markets.
- Lead the local NOM certification activity for Mexico market.
- Provide Spanish translation support for packaging and instruction review
- Provide technical standard support for new technology entering Mexico and LATAM
- Keep updated with changing regulations and provide insights to possible impacts to Dyson
- Support Technology Hubs in C&A with local market research for new product development and local lab testing.
- Support local Dyson Mexico team on product approval questions and issues.
- Help with technical interpretations of product approval requirements.
- Misc C&A support for Americas regions
- 5+ years of experience in product development and compliance.
- Must be fluent in Spanish and English both written and verbal.
- Experience in product certification and market approvals.
- Degree or equivalent in Engineering or similar.
- Strong knowledge of Mexico, US and LATAM regulations.
- Understanding of the end-to-end compliance and approval processes for Mexico and LATAM markets.
- Experience working with international requirements would be an advantage.
- Experience in standards development and technical committees.
- Attention to detail, aptitude for research into standards, regulations and technical information.
- Good communication skills both oral and written to all levels of the business. Able to present complex subjects simply and clearly to the target audience.
- Able to work within a global team and produce accurate and complete information to agreed upon timescales.
- Ability to work independently with minimal oversight.
- Experience with customs compliance, import logistics a plus.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally 20% (under normal circumstances).
- Must possess a valid passport and US Visa.
At Dyson, how we reward you is linked to our high-performance culture. But it’s about more than salary and bonus. Through a package of financial, lifestyle and health benefits, we support whatever stage of life you’re in and the moments that matter.
- Life Insurance
- Competitive Paid Time Off including Separate Holiday, Sick, and Vacation Time
- Generous Dyson Product Discounts
- Medical & Dental Coverage Options
Dyson is committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment that reflects the diversity of the community in which we live. If requested, we will provide reasonable accommodation during the recruitment process for persons with disabilities. Contact us at email@example.com for more information. Dyson is an Equal Opportunity Employer. #LI-DYSON
At Dyson, it's about more than our machines. We recognise that our success comes from our inventive people. We believe in including everybody and supporting you on your journey with us
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.