- Retail Sales
- Lower North Island + Hawkes Bay, New Zealand
At Dyson, we sell by demonstrating. Through our growing network of Dyson “Shop in Shops” and retail spaces, we simply explain how our technology works, and why it’s better. Our Field Sales team are Dyson advocates who know our technology inside out, and are excited about it. In a constantly changing marketplace we sell Dyson technology across the world to leading retailers. We combine global strategy, local market knowledge with the right trading terms to present Dyson in the best possible way.
Our Field Sales team are based in various locations across Australia and New Zealand. They are the eyes, ears and face of our wider sales team, managing the relationships at a store level within our retail partners in a defined territory.
About the roleOur Regional Development Managers drive engagement and compliance within our retail partners’ stores and build further awareness of the Dyson brand across all our categories – Floorcare, Environmental Control and Beauty. They are responsible for developing and executing strategic sales plans and activities to grow sales volume, value and Dyson market share within a defined territory.
You will build and manage the relationships with our retailers, in order to create a true Dyson customer experience within their retail space and will work closely with our National Account Managers, Marketing and Finance teams to ensure Dyson’s sales strategy is delivered in your area.
Our Regional Development Managers do require a degree of flexibility to meet customer expectations and from time to time this may include evening and weekend events which may require you to stay away from home.
This role encompasses the whole of the Lower North Island as well as the east coast and Hawkes Bay.
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
Drive sales growth in a defined region
- Proactively own and grow your region by identifying and delivering sales-out opportunities and activities at a store level
- Be a valued business partner to our retailers by delivering year on year growth (value and volume as defined by your KPI’s)
- Proactively plan, execute and review all sales activities by account.
- Conduct robust business discussions with retailers incorporating market intelligence, category facts, sales data and Dyson marketing and promotional plans
- Execute the 7 steps of a sales call and document accordingly
- Analyse and interpret sales drivers to influence your call frequency and activity by account.
- Utilise current reporting formats to identify trends and opportunities, or request reporting formats as required
- Implement and measure return on investment for all sales drivers within your region.
- Work collaboratively with Team Dyson Regional Managers, Shop in Shop Retail Managers and Demonstrators to achieve planned sales-out results
Build brand advocacy with retail partner staff
- Take the lead in developing and delivering both training events and retailer events that inspire and innovate, always showing clear ROI in any activity as well as product training, academies etc.
- Effectively communicate to retail managers and sales staff Dyson policies and procedures (i.e. repairs, returns)
- Work collaboratively with external providers to deliver a premium brand experience for our consumers eg. Crossmark, iDesign etc.
- Maintain an active knowledge of all Dyson products including new product development, as well as all relevant product categories including competitor and market intelligence
- Have full knowledge of your retailers’ internal structure (i.e. Franchisee, Manager, Sales staff, Stock officer, Visual display manager, Claims/Store/Dock person) and develop strong working relationships
Support Head Office Teams
- Provide regular reports with photographs on the stores visited and ‘perfect’ retail execution, sharing feedback and best practice.
- Document and report on weekly sales activities and events (new products, pricing, promotion or any other important details.)
- Attend Field Sales meetings at Dyson Head Office as required
- Work collaboratively with National Account Team to share opportunities, challenges and ideas to drive growth of all categories in your region
Increase awareness of the brand within our retailers stores
- Actively seek opportunities in store to be positioned in high traffic/footfall areas and set up and implement incremental display space
- Form close working relationships across multiple departments in some stores where required
- Promote the full range of Dyson products including accessories and new product development
Administration & Compliance
- Ensure accurate and complete stock counts are carried out as and when required
- Achieve a standard of excellence in our work processes and outcomes, ensuring adherence to Dyson policies and all relevant regulatory and legal requirements.
- Promote and demonstrate Dyson behaviours.
- Promote, implement and comply with health and safety procedures.
- A valid clean drivers’ licence
- Previous experience in a similar role, working towards sales targets
- Retail or consumer goods experience is highly valued
- Strong track record of achieving performance targets
- Experience in customer negotiations, presentations and holding strategic business discussions
- Strong influencing skills
- Entrepreneurial flair
- Energetic, results driven with an engaging style and positive approach
- Evidence of commercial and financial expertise
- High level of communication skills, both verbal and written, with well-developed interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Excellent business presentation skills and high attention to detail
- Training skills are desirable
- Strong time management skills
- Strong skills in Microsoft suite (Excel, PowerPoint & Outlook)
BenefitsAt Dyson, our people are at the heart of everything we do. We value you bringing yourself to work and we want to deliver an employee experience that matches the quality we give to our customers. Outside of a competitive salary and sales bonus, our team members receive generous product discounts, additional paid annual leave, paid parental leave and ongoing learning and development opportunities. You will be provided with all tools of trade. Innovation is in our DNA and we are excited to adopt new ways of doing things differently, and better.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.