- Australia - Melbourne Mount Waverly Service Centre
Purpose of the position:
The Regional Manager role will be responsible for managing and leading a team of Dyson Experts in their region.
Our Experts form part of ‘Team Dyson’ is a national team with the objective to drive sales and build brand advocacy within our retailers in the Australian market. This is done through the active demonstration of Dyson products at weekends in our key retailer’s stores.
In order to meet the needs of our customers, our retail partners and to stay ahead of the competition, Dyson must have representation in store over the week and into the weekends, our busiest days. The Regional Manager must be available some weekends to go into store to visit our Dyson Experts, their team members in the field to spend valuable time checking in, coaching and motivating to ultimately help identify opportunities to lift capability and performance.
The Regional Manager – VIC and SA will have a shared split of the Victorian region as well as responsibility across SA.
Drive sales conversion and compliance across the Dyson range
- Accountable for delivering a sales volume and revenue target across your agreed store group
- Continually analyse the team’s performance and formulate capability & sales development plans
- Identify the best resource allocation for all sales opportunities with the required return on investment
- Build strong working relationship and partner with other Regional Managers and Regional Development Managers, sharing information, best practice and sales initiatives to drive continual improvements.
- Actively building relationships with key members of store staff, defining the purpose for Team Dyson, understanding the needs for a Dyson Expert in their store.
- Weekly reporting, review & analysis of people performance, sales & targets
Provide a link between senior management, wider sales team and our internal and external Dyson Experts.
- Provide a detailed weekly feedback report to the Field and Retail Sales Manager on the overall performance of your team and stores
- Review team’s comments on CRM platform weekly and follow up any issues with relevant department
Manage people to perform at their highest potential
- Manage the Dyson Experts driving them towards exceeding weekly, monthly and quarterly targets through regular coaching and 1:1's.
- Minimum 3 days in field with their team coaching or demonstrating.
- Implement a high performing culture in your team
- Provide on-going training, mentoring and coaching to up skill the team.
- Gather feedback on individuals from store managers, colleagues and store visits. Using this to coach, develop and manage your team and drive results.
- Regular store visits and providing performance evaluation feedback to Experts via Coaching forms during every visit (minimum 3 days/week in the field)
Administration & Compliance
- Ensure accurate and complete stock counts are carried out as and when required
- Achieve a standard of excellence in our work processes and outcomes, ensuring adherence to Dyson policies and all relevant regulatory and legal requirements.
- Previous experience managing a high performing team
- A track record of coaching and mentoring a highly engaged and driven team
- Previous customer Service and/or Sales Experience
- Commercial experience in consumer goods, with strong track record of category management
- Proven delivery of consistent sales results
- Evidence of budget control and can demonstrate financial expertise
- Planner and implementer - continuously improves efficiency and effectiveness by deploying the right, skilled people, in the right outlets, doing the right things, to achieve the right results
- Team Builder - Fosters a cooperative team style; makes teambuilding a team challenge by focusing on the qualities and behaviours of a winning team
- Ability to interpret the sales and business unit strategy so they are easily understood and communicated effectively to the Dyson Experts
Competitive base salary plus a generous sales incentive/bonus plus car + super.
Outside of a competitive salary, our team members receive generous product discounts, additional paid annual leave, a generous, above market parental leave scheme and ongoing learning and development opportunities.
At Dyson, our people are at the heart of everything we do. We value you bringing yourself to work and we want to deliver an employee experience that matches the quality we give to our customers. We have a vibrant and diverse culture that is geared towards recognition and realising ambition.
You’ll have regular social activities to take part in and you’ll work with a fantastic team of people every day. Innovation is in our DNA and we are excited to adopt new ways of doing things differently, and better.
At Dyson, it's about more than our machines. We recognise that our success comes from our inventive people. We believe in including everybody and supporting you on your journey with us
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.