- Business Development
- United States - New Jersey Remote
Dyson is a global technology enterprise. We’re growing fast and our ambition is huge – more categories, more locations and more people. Dyson launched in the US in 2002, and since then operations have grown exponentially. Our US headquarters is based in Chicago's Fulton Market neighborhood. We also have employees working in field sales, our service centers, and in our growing number of Dyson Demo Store’s across the country.
About the Role:
Leader of a sales and specification team to deliver on established goals within the region. Cultivate demand by leading specification activities to secure large projects. Hire, train and coach team to win local and regional commercial accounts and manage distributor relationships within the region.
Location: Remote worker located in East Region of the United States. Near a major metro area and airport.
Main Accountabilities and Supporting Activities:
Drive sales through effective leadership of the Business Development team
- Hire, train, coach and develop an effective Field Sales team and ASM
- Oversee the development and execution of territory plans with each team member in order to surpass sales targets
- Oversee efforts to increase the awareness and frequency of specifying Dyson Airblade by the Architectural community.
- Manage performance of team by establishing consistent performance standards
- Inspire, lead and motivate through regular feedback, 1:1s, Personal Development Plans and SMART objectives utilizing the performance management system
- Manage team’s sales activity including trainings and sales meetings to increase Dyson awareness, build a robust pipeline and drive sales
- Ensure Salesforce.com is utilized throughout the region in order to properly manage customers, the sales cycle, and future opportunities
- Monitors and reviews BDE pipelines in Salesforce regularly ensuring they are a good forecast of future demand with correct information related to next steps, opportunity stage and anticipated closing date
- Train BDEs to create quotes for projects requiring cost support. Review quotes submitted by BDEs and escalates approvals according to policy
- Member of the Dyson Professional leadership team that collaborates to craft and execute strategy that fits into Dyson’s US plan
- Does not settle for the status quo. Creates a motivating environment that encourages creativity, resourcefulness and invention
- Establishes and nurtures a highly collaborative cross-functional team environment
Develop and manage corporate and regional distributor partnerships with key distributors in the region
- Create and maintain sales driving programs for each distributor partner at a corporate level
- Create and implement field-based plans for each distributor partner in the region
- Identify new strategic distributor partners that will drive incremental sales
- Ensure distributor partner is trained and adheres to established processes for effective reporting
- Negotiates mutually beneficial terms and conditions that yield productive sales driving relationships
Develop and close large local projects and corporate account opportunities within the Region
- Create and develop custom account plans showing specific action required to progress each individual account
- Initiate the sales cycle with a targeted approach, including prospecting and cold calling on potential customers
- Deliver highly effective customer presentations, matching the benefits of Dyson technology to the specific requirements of each customer opportunity.
- Effectively negotiate business and legal terms and conditions to help establish a mutually beneficial customer partnership for sustainable, long-term growth
- Manage resources to ensure a healthy return on investment
- Seek consensus and approval from internal stakeholders for proposed plans
Fulfil other duties as necessary
- Work closely with the marketing and operations teams to maximize sales opportunities
- Relish the opportunity to pick up new activities that fall broadly in the purpose of the role
- Think outside of the box, identifying opportunities for improvement
- Identify problems and find solutions
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent experience in a similar role required
- Minimum of 5 years of sales experience required
- Experience in commercial products preferred
- Experience in leading geographically disparate sales teams preferred
- Experience in either a start-up or entrepreneurial venture preferred
- Experience prospecting and landing large commercial accounts required
- Advanced Negotiation skills – proven to have led negotiations at a senior level
- Strong thought and people leadership skills essential
- Superior organization and planning abilities
- Understanding of Architectural and Design community and specification
- Ability to use Dodge Data & Analytics to gather intelligence on projects to direct ASM’s and BDE’s in region
- Advanced presentation skills.
- Advanced skills using MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, databases.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- High level of business acumen in a B2B environment
- Proven team player
- Determination and a very high level of drive for results
- Assertive, engaging, driven and dynamic
- Ability to influence at a senior level and inspire confidence across all areas within Dyson.
- Ability to identify the root cause issue of complex problems and generate creative solutions.
- Ability to analyze a marketplace and prioritize targets within it.
- Moderate to extensive travel will be required
At Dyson, how we reward you is linked to our high-performance culture. But it’s about more than salary and bonus. Through a package of financial, lifestyle and health benefits, we support whatever stage of life you’re in and the moments that matter.
- 401K with up to a 4% match
- Company paid Life Insurance and AD&D
- Flexible Savings Account (FSA) and Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Competitive Paid Time Off Benefits including Separate Holiday, Sick, and Vacation Time
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefits (applicable areas only)
- Generous Child Care Leave Program
- Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Generous Dyson Product Discounts
- Multi-Level Healthcare Coverage Options
- Vision & Dental Coverage
- Company paid Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.