- Starting salary will be based on experience and credentials
- Security and Risk
- Chicago - USA
About the roleThe Regional Security Manager (Americas) will be responsible for implementing the Dyson Group Security Strategy, policies, programs and procedures in their region of responsibility, and developing local strategies to manage and mitigate existing and emerging security threats and risks. A key aspect of the role is promoting and ensuring a strong security culture across all of our sites and operations in the region.
The Regional Security Manager (Americas) will devise and deploy strategies in their region to ensure that our sites, and the people who work within them, benefit from a secure working environment in which key security risks applicable to a global technology, engineering, manufacturing and retail organisation are evaluated and effectively mitigated. The role also requires the evaluation of emerging geopolitical risks to identify and mitigate threats to our employees, and the development of appropriate incident response plans.
Role and Responsibilities:
- The first point of contact for business and functional leaders in the region on all security-related matters.
- Works with Dyson’s Director of Security to align with the Dyson Security Strategy, ensuring its effective implementation across the Americas region.
- Works with the Global Security Director to evaluate and mitigate group-level risks relating to the protection of our people, assets and intellectual property.
- Develops and deploys security awareness campaigns across the Americas region in order to drive cultural change in the organization regarding security best practice.
- Develops external communication links between other relevant business and Government Agencies in the region to share intelligence/information regarding criminal and any other activity which could affect the business
- Ensures that Operational Security teams (where deployed) in the Americas region are professional, fit for purpose and deliver effective risk mitigation based on a global standardized model of best practice.
- Collaborates with the Global Technical Security program, ensuring the effective integration of security technology across the estate.
- Coordinates the assessment of security at Dyson sites throughout the region, ensuring compliance to our mandatory security standards and developing plans to rectify non-compliance.
- Works with our Profit Protection Team and third-party supply chain partners across the region to ensure compliance to Dyson’s security standards, and develops appropriate remediation plans.
- Specifies change projects and programs to address security issues. Leads or participates in the governance of those projects and programs - drives delivery, monitors progress and unsticks issues and blockers
- Is the lead within region for our Travel Security Program, ensuring that existing and emerging geopolitical and security risks are effectively understood and mitigated.
- Provides direct and indirect coordination and support to the security elements of Dyson’s on-boarding process and security awareness program across the Americas region.
- Develops security based performance reports and incident reporting to create and maintain a detailed understanding of the security risks to which Dyson is exposed.
- Provides leadership within region on crisis events and major incidents affecting our business, developing effective regional response plans. Develops training programs to ensure regional incident response teams are ready to manage a broad range of crises and incidents.
- Works closely with the Business Continuity Team, where appropriate to ensure security activity is recognized and supported.
- Coordinates security delivery for company events at Dyson facilities throughout the region.
Qualifications and Experience:
- 7-10 years commercial risk management experience in a senior role within an in house security function
- Experience of FMCG, high tech manufacturing, supply chain and the protection of IP
- Ideally operated within an engineering, technology or innovation environment where numerous dynamic risks involving systems, information, products and infrastructure come into play but are managed within the right organisation culture
- A formal qualification in Security Management desirable
- Has a demonstrable extensive network of commercial security contacts within the region and globally
- Ability to analyse and use evidence effectively to inform decision-making
- Able to develop clear business cases for investments to improve security, add resources and demonstrate a value based security program. A commercial mind-set is required
- Understand threats, vulnerabilities and specific risks related to the effective control of systems and infrastructure
- Ability to adapt to different cultural operating environments
- Extensive experience and a clear understanding of policies, procedures and minimum standards relating to security
- Understanding of Data Protection legislation and its impact
- Is a thought leader - the successful candidate will have the strategic skill to understand the threat and risks to their area of responsibility and develop fit for purpose strategies.
- A problem solver with sound and measured judgement relating to practical security solutions.
- Influences senior leaders around security plans and actions - can paint a compelling picture of risk and the need to change. Providing a measured, balanced and realistic approach to security.
- Ability to demonstrate the value of a holistic security program to employees and management alike
- Advanced program and project management skills – can define and lead cohesive programs of action.
- Excellent communication skills - communicates security policies and requirements clearly to regional and global audiences.
- Ability to build effective external networks, developing a comprehensive understanding of industry best practice.
- Gets things done – is task focused and able to drive delivery of change as well as advising and facilitating. This will involve having the ability to step from strategic to tactical roles on a daily basis
- Ability to understand the unique cultural environment that exists within Dyson and assimilate previous relevant experience, adapting best practice to the needs of the company
- Can operate at pace and with the highest levels of integrity
BenefitsAt Dyson, how we reward you is linked to our high-performance culture. But it’s about more than salary and bonus. Through a package of financial, lifestyle and health benefits, we support whatever stage of life you’re in and the moments that matter.
- 401K with up to a 4% match
- Company paid Life Insurance and AD&D
- Flexible Savings Account (FSA) and Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Competitive Paid Time Off Benefits including Separate Holiday, Sick, and Vacation Time
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefits (applicable areas only)
- Generous Child Care Leave Program
- Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Generous Dyson Product Discounts
- Multi-Level Healthcare Coverage Options
- Vision & Dental Coverage
- Company paid Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.