- Security and Risk
- Singapore - Singapore
The Regional Security Manager (APAC) will devise and deploy strategies in their region to ensure that our sites, and the people who work within them, benefit from a secure working environment in which key security risks applicable to a global technology, engineering, manufacturing and retail organisation are evaluated and effectively mitigated. The role also requires the evaluation of emerging geopolitical risks to identify and mitigate threats to our employees, and the development of appropriate incident response plans.
About the role
- The first point of contact for business and functional leaders in the region on all security-related matters.
- Works with Dyson’s Director of Security to align with the Dyson Security Strategy, ensuring its effective implementation across the APAC region.
- Works with the Global Security Director to evaluate and mitigate group-level risks relating to the protection of our people, assets and intellectual property.
- Develops and deploys security awareness campaigns across the APAC region in order to drive cultural change in the organization regarding security best practice.
- Develops external communication links between other relevant business and Government Agencies in the region to share intelligence/information regarding criminal and any other activity which could affect the business
- Ensures the Operational Security teams in the APAC region are professional, fit for purpose and deliver effective risk mitigation based on a global standardised model of best practice.
- Collaborates with the Global Technical Security program, ensuring the effective integration of security technology and manned guarding resources across the estate.
- Coordinates the assessment of security at Dyson sites throughout the region, ensuring compliance to our mandatory security standards and developing plans to rectify non-compliance.
- Works with our Contract Manufacturers and third-party supply chain partners across the region to ensure compliance to Dyson’s security standards, and develops appropriate remediation plans.
- Specifies change projects and programmes to address security issues. Leads or participates in the governance of those projects and programmes - drives delivery, monitors progress and unsticks issues and blockers
- Is the lead within region for our Travel Security Program, ensuring that existing and emerging geopolitical and security risks are effectively understood and mitigated.
- Provides direct and indirect coordination and support to the security elements of Dyson’s on-boarding process and security awareness program across the APAC region.
- Develops security based performance reports and incident reporting to create and maintain a detailed understanding of the security risks to which Dyson is exposed.
- Provides leadership within region on crisis events and major incidents affecting our business, developing effective regional response plans. Develops training programs to ensure regional incident response teams are ready to manage a broad range of crises and incidents.
- Works closely with the Business Continuity Team, where appropriate to ensure security activity is recognised and supported.
- Coordinates security delivery for company events at Dyson facilities throughout the region.
- Is a thought leader - the successful candidate will have the strategic skill to understand the threat and risks to their area of responsibility and develop fit for purpose strategies.
- A problem solver with sound and measured judgement relating to practical security solutions.
- Influences senior leaders around security plans and actions - can paint a compelling picture of risk and the need to change. Providing a measured, balanced and realistic approach to security.
- Ability to demonstrate the value of a holistic security program to employees and management alike
- Advanced programme and project management skills – can define and lead cohesive programmes of action.
- Excellent communication skills - communicates security policies and requirements clearly to regional and global audiences.
- Ability to build effective external networks, developing a comprehensive understanding of industry best practice.
- Gets things done – is task focused and able to drive delivery of change as well as advising and facilitating. This will involve having the ability to step from strategic to tactical roles on a daily basis
- Ability to understand the unique cultural environment that exists within Dyson and assimilate previous relevant experience, adapting best practice to the needs of the company
- Can operate at pace and with the highest levels of integrity
- Ability to analyse and use evidence effectively to inform decision-making
- Able to develop clear business cases for investments to improve security, add resources and demonstrate a value based security program. A commercial mind-set is required
- Understand threats, vulnerabilities and specific risks related to the effective control of systems and infrastructure
- Ability to adapt to different cultural operating environments
- Extensive experience and a clear understanding of policies, procedures and minimum standards relating to security
- Understanding of Data Protection legislation and its impact
Qualifications and experience:
- 7-10 years commercial risk management experience in a senior role within an in house security function
- Experience of FMCG, high tech manufacturing, supply chain and the protection of IP
- Ideally operated within an engineering, technology or innovation environment where numerous dynamic risks involving systems, information, products and infrastructure come into play but are managed within the right organisation culture
- A formal qualification in Security Management desirable
- Has a demonstrable extensive network of commercial security contacts within the region and globally
BenefitsDyson Singapore monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and bonuses. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy a transport allowance and comprehensive medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.