- Design and Development
- United Kingdom - Malmesbury Office
You will be a part of 'Regulatory Affairs', in the Global Compliance and Approvals Team (Safety, EMC, Radio, Materials). We remove the barriers to accessing markets making sure that Dyson products are not kept off the market by regulations and standards.
As a Regulatory Specialist, you will be instrumental to our continued innovation in exciting new categories and technologies.
The Regulatory Affairs team is a group of experienced regulatory specialists offering regulatory expertise across the full product life cycle, i.e. regulatory strategy/pathways, Technical file compilation/submission and post-submission maintenance.
The role of the Regulatory Specialist is to research and maintain a comprehensive register of the regulations and standards that guide the development and sale of Dyson products, both within the Core Dyson ranges and for new categories and technologies. They will also work with the applicable Compliance engineers and design and engineering teams to guide them on developing compliant product(s) for the global market.
- Provide expert advice to internal stakeholders to support the design, development, and successful approval of products, globally
- Feed into and manage appropriate technical device files in conjunction with the Regulatory Affairs Manager and relevant Principal and Lead Regulatory Specialists
- Identify, organise, and contribute to work required to meet and manage the regulatory requirements for Dyson products i.e. EU LVD/RED/GPSD, US CFR & CPSC regulations and Rules, etc.
- Act as point of contact and liaise with test houses, notified bodies and relevant regulators
- Develop Regulatory Routes to Markets for relevant products categories and technologies
- Ensure regulatory and standards updates effectively monitored and communicated
- Technical/Engineering Degree or Equivalent Experience
- Knowledge and experience of applicable regulations relating to the design, development and supply products within the UK, EU, US and Canada, (knowledge of other markets is also desirable)
- An understanding of how to read legislation and standards
- Research skills
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.