- Information Technology
- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
Our Application Business Services TeamDyson’s Global IT applications service has end to end accountability for the design, delivery and support of all business applications enabling Dysons global commercial, operational and enterprise business process. Forming a large proportion of the IT Function, the team are arranged into investment areas including Owner Experience & Retail, Supply Chain, Manufacturing, Finance & compliance and People and collaboration.
AccountabilitiesProvide leadership and strategic direction to a team of IT Release Management professionals that support the IT application portfolio across all Dyson markets globally. Your team will be working in a DevOps environment providing a focal point for planning, scheduling, coordinating and approval for all production releases in Group IT Application Services. This includes mapping to our governance processes e.g. PMO resource scheduling, release planning, validation, service transition, CAB’s and technical cutover plans. This role is expected to instil confidence in and manage the end to end operation of a world class Release practice. This includes working with local markets, regional directors and IT professionals across multiple functional areas.
You are responsible for aligning provisioning and release planning as a routine stage gate checkpoint activity with the PMO for all projects. You will provide fully coordinated Release Management governance on all production deployments from Application Services Teams including Owner Experience, Retail, Finance and legal, Product Development and Engineering. You will publish Release based management Information and reporting on sprint throughput, quality and performance on release deliverables from each DevOps Team. Person
- Providing direction, implementing a strategic vision across practices for release management
- Build and maintain a reputable release and service transition plan across the application portfolio
- Oversee the full end to end operations of the release practice
- Produce director level MI reports on Release performance KPIs
- Manage the Group IT release schedule (presented monthly showing a rolling twelvemonth period).
- Provide subject matter expertise to team members and internal/external stakeholders
- Proven experience of leading, coaching and mentoring Release Management professionals.
- Support Service Managers and Transition Leads as required for the successful release implementation into production.
- Provide an on-going assessment of release performance and apply continuous improvement action as necessary across the end to end release lifecycle.
- Establish priorities to ensure the release management function will meet or exceed project and programme timescales.
- Maintain knowledge on current and emerging developments and influence Group IT leadership on their application in our ways of working (ie. agile, continuous delivery, DevOps productivity in release).
- Strong interpersonal and team building skills.
- Experience of managing Release cycles in large and complex eco-systems that include cross platform releases
- Experience of operating release management and business change in a complex, fast paced environment.
- Experience managing change or release processes for large multi-national organisations.
- Proven experience of leading, coaching and mentoring people in change or release management principles.
- Innovative – able to adapt to change and produce creative solutions within strategic imperatives.
- Strong attention to detail
- Demonstrable experience, ideally ITIL Release practitioner
- Methodological approach - demonstrating Project Management understanding or experience
- Experience with Agile, Scrum, Kanban and DevOps software development methodologies is highly desired.
- Knowledge of programme and project management methods including Agile PM and PRINCE2.
- Knowledge of Confluence / Jira
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Private Medical Insurance
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidised café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.