- Research Engineering
- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
About the roleAs a Research Engineer you will work within the Floorcare Research team and apply your skills and experience to invent technologies that enhance the company’s technical advantage in future products.
You will be expected to generate innovative concepts based on scientific theory and then verify via experimental test and simulation. The role requires an ability to design, build and test prototypes, and then succinctly analyse and communicate their findings.
- Good analytical and problem-solving ability.
- Capable of logically assessing technologies using simulation, modelling or scientific methods.
- A broad appreciation of the latest technologies and willingness to keep abreast of new research across all disciplines.
- An awareness of fundamental physical principles such as mechanics, thermodynamics and aerodynamics
- An understanding of core engineering processes and tools.
- Good communication and presentation skills.
- You share our passion for innovative, beautifully designed technology.
About youAs a Research Engineers at Dyson you will cover a broad spectrum of skills and abilities. We don’t expect you to be an expert at everything and put greater value on what you can bring to the talent pool. If you have an inquisitive mind and a willingness to learn, we will support you with training and technical development. Anyone with a thirst for knowledge is welcome here, but to realise our ambitions it helps to have experience in one or more of the following skillsets:
- CAD, preferably Siemens NX
- Programming, preferably Matlab including Simscape/Simulink
- Electronics, motors, drives and mechanisms
- Control software, preferably Labview and Arduino
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidised café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.