- Science and Research
- Singapore - St James Power Station Headquarters
In the Electronics Systems Research Team we use technology to find new ways to solve problems others tend to ignore. Many of the technologies found in our products start in our team.
We are very excited to be expanding in Singapore and we are looking for a Research Manager in Electronic Systems Research to help establish a Embedded Systems team and lead the research work. The role provides a unique opportunity to build and lead the team whilst also managing and working on new technologies in new product categories to Dyson.
We are a diverse team of creative researchers. Our research covers a wide range of electronics including sensor technologies, power electronics, embedded systems, and embedded software. We strive to get the latest technologies in our products, working with New Product Innovation and wider research teams to consider all aspects of complex products including thermals, optics, electromagnetics, aero-acoustics, mechanical design, microbiology, and machine learning. We have unique strategic partnerships with top universities and businesses globally to gain insight into the future state-of-the-art and help form our technology and product roadmap, allowing us to differentiate from the competition.
We are different, authentic, pioneering.
About the role
The Research Manager role for the Embedded Systems team in Singapore will grow our research capability globally through building a multidisciplinary team of hardware and embedded software engineers, as well as building business relationships to bring new technologies to life. By researching into latest technologies for our products, you and the team will develop new ideas to a level where they are understood and de-risked to be realised in product. You will be running several projects concurrently, managing project teams comprised of specialists in different engineering disciplines and taking new ideas to a prototype level prior to transfer to our development teams.
Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
- Reporting to the Head of Electronics Systems Research in Singapore, you will build and manage a multi-disciplinary team of engineers, covering both electronic hardware and embedded software.
- Manage several projects related to embedded systems.
- Prepare research reviews and deliver presentations to senior stakeholders in the business.
- Develop our fundamental understanding of new technologies.
- Develop business relationships internally and with external partners to augment our current in-house technical capabilities and secure the latest technologies.
- Role model Dyson’s values to lead a specialist research team and grow the team potential.
- Responsible for the inclusion and wellbeing of your people, nurturing them to be the best version of themselves.
- Lead on the recruitment and associated people development plans for your team.
- BEng/MEng degree (or equivalent) in Electronic Engineering, or other relevant discipline, or a demonstrable level of industrial experience in a relevant industry.
- Leadership of electronic hardware and/or embedded software engineers and ability to leverage their potential based on an inclusive approach to people management.
- Proven ability to innovate and generate IP.
- Embedded systems including ARM microcontrollers/processors.
- High-speed digital interface design and analysis (e.g., camera and memory interfaces).
- Implementation of machine learning algorithms on embedded processor systems.
- Experience of optoelectronic sensing systems.
- Hardware design and simulations using mainstream tools.
- Experience of working in consumer electronics desirable.
- Experience of managing and writing embedded software in C/C++ desirable.
Dyson Singapore monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and bonuses. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy a transport allowance and comprehensive medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.