- Retail Operations
- Auckland - New Zealand
About the roleThe Retail Activation Manager is a crucial role to further strengthen Dyson’s presence in our retail customers physical and digital stores.
Online sales are growing faster than ever but physical retail still accounts for the majority of sales of Dyson machines. Since Dyson technology works differently to competitor products, it’s essential that we explain how our products work and the benefit that gives to the shoppers. We do this by continually improving our digital and physical customer journey and through explaining the technology face to face.
With the continued expansion of Dyson POS execution in retail – online and offline, the Retail Activation Manager will ensure launches, installations and roll outs can be executed in a timely manner and to the precise quality Dyson requires. And they should be continually looking at opportunities to improve our retail presence within the New Zealand market.
They will be expected to support with the asset and physical production ordering process, as well as the digital implementations and physical installations across all key accounts. The role also supports with operational communications to retailers, as well as the local sales team and must keep all stakeholders aligned on dates and executions.
Day-to-day they will be working closely with retailers, local marketing contacts, sales and customer service teams whilst maintaining a close relationship with the ANZ team.
The main focus of this role is to support in the planning and implementation of physical and digital retail execution projects and product launches.
- Support the NZ team through the annual Joint Business Planning cycle, as a basis for 12 month shopper calendar, to apply previous learnings and understand retailer strategy
- Effectively align shopper activity with promo plan, account team, brand activity & retailer calendar/events
- Own and maintain integrated shopper calendar by retailer
- Feed progress and opportunities through the joint retailer QBR process and scorecard
- Own the strategic design and implementation of insight-driven omni-channel shopper marketing initiatives
- Align with retailers on best practice for ATL, social, influencer, SEO and digital strategy for campaigns
- Co-design path to purchase touchpoints & assets with retailers, by activation scale and store tier/format
- Lead and deliver creative and creative assets for all retail activations (online and in-store)
- Deliver field team briefing kits and VM guides, on time, in full and follow up with compliance tracking
- Own relationships with 3rd party suppliers ensuring best output quality and cost structure
- Manage, prioritise and deliver all retail projects on a timely basis, including prototyping, production, costing and implementation, whether temporary, permanent, concept stores, events or exhibitions.
- Create and maintain project plans, timielines and cost sheets for each project, ensuring all stakeholders are aware of any changes. Drive individual projects through to delivery, resolving day to day challenges – including the right people at the right time.
- Manange demand planning, storage, deployment and installations for core in store display systems, plus all other projects as necessary.
- Drive approval and acceptance of the project through all relevant areas of the business in regard to design, costing, production quality/details and timing.
BUDGET MANAGEMENT & INVESTMENT EVALUATIONS
- Manage project budgets, forecast accurately, monthly reconsiliation and ensure all spend is within budget
- Conduct post analysis on all projects. Use data to draw relevant learning and insights, to course correct strategy where required. Be vigilant to ensure brand building investment (BBI) delivers optimal ROI
CUSTOMER ENGAGEMENT & STAKEHOLDER RELATIONSHIP MANAGEMENT
- Develop strong collaborative partnerships with our retailers marketing, VM and digital teams
- Work closely with account team to align customer communications, be the go to person for shopper activity
- Manage internal shopper marketing cross functional wip & wider comms for your lead categories
About youYou possess
- Relevant tertiary qualification
- At least 5+ years experience in a marketing or sales role with an international or FMCG retailer/company
- At least 3 years Shopper Marketing or Trade Marketing experience with a blue chip fast moving consumer goods company
- Working experience with an understanding and implementing sales and marketing strategy
- Effective Project Management skills, including planning, communication & budget management
- Capable of challenging and influencing thinking across a broad range of stakeholders
- Solid commercial customer management experience
- Insights led
- Results driven with a drive towards mutually beneficial outcomes
- Self-motivated, responsive and tenacious
- Strong problem solving skills
- Digital / Omi-channel experience preferable / desired
*Please note that interviews will be conducted face-to-face in our Dyson office.
BenefitsDyson ANZ monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy an annual bonus and discounts on our latest technology. But financial rewards are just the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our creative engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.