- Netherlands - Amsterdam Office
Dyson is a global technology company founded in 1993 in Malmesbury, United Kingdom (UK). Over 14,000 people, including James Dyson himself, spend their days strategizing, inventing technology, and telling the Dyson story to the world. It's all about better ideas and better technologies to solve everyday problems.
We are accelerating our Central and Eastern European business. In support of this our marketing team is expanding to ensure we have the capabilities and scale to deliver ambitious awareness plans and owner experience across our market portfolio.
Retail Activation Manager – Central and Eastern Europe & Israel
Located in Amsterdam
Our Retail Activation Manager will drive in-store excellence, playing a crucial role in the presentation of our technology in 3rd-party retailer stores and across Dyson Mall Demo Zones (MDZs). Reporting to the CEE Head of Marketing, and working closely with two Category Managers, the Retail Activation Manager will develop Dyson’s in-store presence and expand our marketing activations at the point-of-sale (POS). The successful candidate will be based in Dyson’s EMEA hub in Amsterdam and will work closely with colleagues there to execute plans across 9 distributors and 18 countries.
- Lead delivery of ambitious physical retail plans for Israel and Central and Emerging Europe, working closely with the cross functional team in Amsterdam to ensure coherence across the full consumer journey. In particular:
- With our Dyson market Business Development leaders to ensure alignment and to optimize our retail landscape in Czech Republic, Slovakia, Hungary, Romania, Greece, Cyprus, Baltics, Balkans, Bulgaria, and Israel;
- With our 3rd-Party Digital Retail Manager to a coherent owner journey across online and digital shopping experiences
- With our Distributors, who are physically in-market – working together as one team with us – to develop and execute joint business plans (JBPs) for key retail accounts;
- Responsible for project management and POS rollouts from customer requirement to finished execution, ensure quality of deliverables, within time and cost;
- Support planning and execution of new product launches on branded POS, authoring POS briefs and cooperating closely with fixture suppliers, the EMEA Retail team, and the CEE Category Managers to ensure fixture production and installation are on time and on brand;
- Drive in-store compliance according to the Dyson Selective Distribution (SD) framework, educating Distributors and retailers on the evolutions of SD framework, measuring performance and taking corrective actions where necessary;
- Trial in-store marketing activations to “wow” consumers, adopting a “test-learn-refine” approach to drive higher performance at POS;
- Record and report trading marketing activities for key retail accounts and the MDZs, ensuring store master documents and joint business are kept up to date;
- Organize product trainings with sales teams from 3rd-party retailers and MDZs to establish expertise on and maintain high enthusiasm for Dyson technology and NPDs;
- Implement best practices for in-store demo excellence and report on KPIs for product trainings and in-store demos.
Skills & Experience:
- Educated to a bachelor’s degree level and with 2+ years previous experience in trade marketing;
- You are fluent in English; as an advantage, you are also fluent in another Central European language or Hebrew;
- You are a natural problem-solver and a team player who is passionate, flexible, and willing to go beyond your job description;
- You are a quick-thinking, alert person, and your strong organizational skills allow you to excel at executing multiple projects simultaneously and to the highest standards;
- You demonstrate a passion for Dyson and its products, as well as a drive to understand the technical details of the products;
- You have excellent communication skills, strong commercial acumen, and analytical skills;
- You have command of Microsoft Office Suite.
Working with Dyson:
Our culture is unique. We constantly strive to find a better way to solve everyday problems. If you want to be part of a challenging yet rewarding environment and are excited by change – it could be for you.
On our careers page you can learn more about our values "Different, Authentic, Pioneering", which remind us of our mission every day and help us achieve our goals.
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.