- Planning and Retail Operations
- Netherlands - Amsterdam Office
About the role (12 months contract):
As a key member of the Retail Sales Leadership team, you will be responsible for the Retail Activation at Dyson. Leading a team and managing an important budget you will be the primary point of integration between Marketing and Sales; you will be a crucial element for the retail strategy with the aim of protecting Dyson leadership on the market, expanding and reinforcing our presence, ensuring best in class retail experience at all levels.
Due to the market transformation we are phasing, it is important you remain flexible and ready to adapt our strategy constantly, adjusting it according to new market trends, or willing to set new ones.
It is also requested an accurate analytical approach to evaluate the performance of all our investments (stores’ fixtures, events, product campaigns) to ensure they generate a positive return.
As a senior leader, you should also lead by example and be proactive in transforming and improving our ways of working and processes. Clear communication with all other functions in the markets, with international functions and external stakeholders, will be key to measure your team’s success.
- Evaluate and manage stores evolution and distribution
- In line with Marketing strategy, develop the in-store customer experience and Activation plans in Direct and Indirect retail
- Implement NPD launches and Marketing Campaigns in Direct and Indirect retail
- Implement consumer events alongside Marketing categories
- Monitor the market and any identify competitor’s threats
- Protect Dyson leadership and enable our growth
- Explore new offline channels to improve our physical footprint
Be an active member of the Retail Sales Leadership Team both for direct and indirect business:
- Take part in regular meetings with the rest of the RS leadership team (Head of Retail Sales, Senior Key Account managers, Field Sales manager, Senior Physical Direct Manager) to provide and receive updates on the business, work in synergy and align on critical decisions;
- Lead by example and be a point of reference for the younger generations within the Company; behave in line with our core values, be willing to support others when needed.
- Work with Category Managers and Key Account Managers, Filed Manager, Senior Physical Direct Manager to create and manage our commercial and activation plan from general strategy to execution with your team.
- Make sure the Retail Activation Executive(s) are informed and can execute campaigns in line whit the plan
- Coordinate NPD launches both for direct and indirect channels
- Make sure all criteria included in the terms & conditions are met by our retailers monitoring campaigns and activities relying on sales CRM tools
- Respect others and challenge them when needed; defend your ideas while being open to change your mind when challenged.
Lead a high performing and effective team:
- Lead a team of direct reports (1 Retail Activation Executive directly and 1 via a dotted line), but equally important to lead a team om non-direct reports see header: point of integration
- Set stretching and measurable targets and inspire commitment from the team to achieve those goals. Provide continuous constructive feedback through regular performance reviews
- Deploy performance management approaches that improve outputs and ensures that the team member feels supported throughout. Addressing the high performers and underperformers in your team appropriately.
- Create a positive work environment that is rewarding and enjoyable. Sharing achievements and celebrating success.
- Lead career development to maximize potential leading to the promotion of internal talent.
- Responsible for driving engagement in your team through pulse surveys
Be the point of integration between Marketing and Sales:
- Align with marketing and categories team to be always up to date with regards to strategies, new product launches or changes in our retail principles
- Maintain a positive and recurrent relation with Dyson Centre of Excellence
- Keep a constant relation with the B.I and Market Insight division
- Define new reports and recurrent meetings to inform marketing and sales about market share evolution and other critical KPIs
- Define the retail activation strategy and coordinate with the Senior Key Account managers, Field Sales manager, Senior Physical Direct Manager to cascade the information.
- Support the Account managers in important meetings with the retailers when requested.
- Define the distribution strategy with the above mentioned stakeholders.
- Promote field and stores audit visits within the Retail Activation Team to be always up to date on the retail landscape.
Manage the budget and evaluate performance and investments:
- Manage and ownership of the budget for in-store fixtures, events, POP materials, etc. carefully and always in line with Dyson policies
- Be accurate on spending and transparent to highlight potential variance every month
- Align budget and projects with the Head of Marketing and the Head of Retail Sales when an approval is needed and update the full Benelux leadership team including MD on a monthly basis.
- Evaluate investments based on expected returns
- Constantly monitor sell out and profitability reports
- Negotiate with providers to get sustainable deals in line with the high growth – low cost mind-set
- Minimum 4 years’ proven experience in trade marketing, Marketing, events management
- Proven experience in people management and in a leadership capacity
- Strong planning and project management skills and good analytical skills
- Experience of managing external agencies and suppliers
- Pro-active and solution oriented
- Good time management, ability to deliver under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Ability to communicate and to challenge at all levels of the business
- Assertive, self-motivated, independent, dynamic and results-driven
- Good team player
- High level of attention to detail
- Ability to build and manage stakeholder relationships internationally and at all levels
- Excellent organizational skills
- Fluent in English & Dutch
- Competitive Salary Package
- Discount on Dyson products
- Company Pension scheme
- 29 days annual holiday plan
- Company Fitness plan
- EAP (Employee Assistant Programme)
- Life Assurance Plan
- Transportation allowance
- Health Insurance – Medical Contribution
- Eye Examination & Computer Glasses Reimbursement
At Dyson, it's about more than our machines. We recognise that our success comes from our inventive people. We believe in including everybody and supporting you on your journey with us
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.