- Japan - Tokyo Office
Dyson is a global technology company on a mission to improve peoples’ lives; whether that be by engineering high performance technology to keep their floors and air clean – to patented beauty innovation to style their hair.
About the role
This role involves identifying growth opportunities for the future of Dyson Branded Retail Execution. Responsibilities may include retail market analysis, identifying new opportunities, driving profitability in stores and execution of business plans, negotiating contracts and collaborating with various teams to drive sales and profitability.
Strong communication and executional skills are key for this role.
Demo Store Responsibilities
- As key conduit between Group Direct Retail, COE and Local markets.
- Lead implementations of all locally relevant global retail programs to deliver premium in-store brand experience and drive conversion
- Stay abreast on news on emerging technologies in merchandising. Identify trends that will lead to understanding consumer needs, how consumers shop, and ultimately buy (SEE, THINK, DO, CARE Funnel).
- Drive profitability of the Dyson Demo store portfolio, manage store teams to drive performance.
- Identify new opportunities and formats to future proof Dyson Demo experience.
Activations and Events
- Develop the annual strategy and calendar plans for in store events
- Oversee management of events budget to delivery of high-quality events.
- With all events – ensure the look and feel is on brand and consistent.
- Ensure team delivery of the event calendar and budget.
Build and develop an effective store team
- Inspire, lead and motivate team members through coaching & talent development.
- Cascade Dyson retail brand understandings and technical know-hows.
- Manage processes to ensure that the team is as effective as possible to meet business goals.
- Identify gaps in knowledge and skills in the team and develop the team to address these gaps.
About you (Skills & Experiences)
- 10 yrs of Retail management experience
- Deep understanding of the retail business in Japan.
- People management experience
- Ability to manage the business growth with high sales target.
- Japanese – Native level, English – Business level
- Deep knowledge in retail/retailers and the commercial context.
- Drive key retail building blocks to achieve business objective.
- Devise and deliver perfect in-store brand experiences.
- Strong influencing and networking skills, presenting up to Director level.
- Ability to convert retail and event strategies & experiences to meaningful sales conversion with business impact and good ROI.
- Purchasing and negotiation skills.
- Project management and leadership skills.
- Articulate with strong communication and people skills.
- Attention to detail and problem solver for barriers to execution.
- Ability to work on multiple projects whilst delivering on challenging deadlines and ambitions.
- Focused on building teamwork, drive and enthusiasm.
- Analytical plus excellent written and verbal communication and coaching skills.
- Confident, tenacious, positive, motivated, and proactive.
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.