- United States
Dyson is a global technology enterprise. We’re growing fast and our ambition is huge – more categories, more locations and more people. Dyson launched in the US in 2002, and since then operations have grown exponentially. Our US headquarters is based in Chicago's Fulton Market neighborhood with an additional office located in Ann Arbor, Michigan. We also have employees working in field sales, our service centers, and in our growing number of Dyson Demo Store’s across the country.
About the role:
We are looking for a passionate Retail Education Manager to develop best-in-class education curriculum that helps to ensure our stores are functioning at the best of their ability through store operations business platforms and programs. The person for this role will be able to create content and education assets, lead store teams, collaborate, build long-standing relationships, and increase loyalty. You will be responsible for the education and development of store operations education within the Direct Dyson Demo Stores as well as project management for the Education Team. While the location of this role is flexible, travel will be required.
Responsibilities will include:
DYSON EDUCATION ROADMAP
- Collaborate with Education Team and Sales Management to develop an Education roadmap for Operations Programs for Direct Dyson Demo Stores retailer staff and internal Dyson groups
- Create a comprehensive, yet scalable education and training plan that leads to consistent and visible growth of the Dyson Demo Store business
- In collaboration with Sr. Manager, Retail Education plan annual brand calendar for all education, events, shows and trainings as well as manage Education Team Projects
- Work with cross-functional category partners to ensure consistency in Dyson brand experience delivery within education and training across channels
- Develop targeted training and education assets for field team members and leadership delivered in various formats including in face-to-face, webinar, self-directed, and video
- Own and drive projects through to completion - corralling internal stakeholders to ensure efficient and timely execution of market-specific education and training materials for new product launch, existing product refresh, and special campaigns
- Develop regular reporting cadence and delivery methods to ensure all stakeholders are informed and engaged
- Learn how to communicate Dyson technology to internal teams, retailers, distributors, professionals, brand representatives and customers
- Work with the Sr. Manager, Retail Education to ensure that any issues are escalated, communicated and resolved in an appropriate manner
- Identify opportunities for continuous improvement by solving problems and finding solutions
OPERATIONS CURRICULUM DEVELOPMENT
- Create, develop, and execute all education on store operations business platforms and programs, including communication direct to stores
- Utilize strong technical skills to create and publish formal company documents, presentation material, etc.
- Serve as a knowledge resource and point of contact for the department and as a liaison for business partners
- Partner to help educate and execute Marketing programs and events
- Work with internal teams in the UK, NA, and around the world to collaborate on building Education assets to support required Education delivery of Dyson protocols, products and technology, Dyson Experience and selling approach
- Design and evolve training for Direct retailer store staff, to establish expertise on store operations, service and repair procedure, product knowledge, awareness of the brand, and help to deliver the ‘Why Dyson’ message to reflect the retail environment
- Collaborate with NA Education team members to implement Dyson Education systems and platforms, and to strive for consistency in Dyson brand experience delivery across all categories
DYSON DEMO STORE EDUCATION AND SUPPORT
- Ensure consistency and premium brand experience across all interaction points
- Develop programs to support Dyson Demo Store Retail Staff and educate in order to execute all operations initiatives
- Partner with Management to identify business needs and create training requirements to help achieve sales benchmarks
- Develop effective training curriculum for Direct Dyson Demo Stores
- Develop and maintain education assets to support ongoing improvement in approach and delivery
- Plan and deliver training sessions, both large and small group aligned with the education purpose, manage follow-up, and conduct evaluations to improve on execution for future sessions
- Manage and/or assist in complex and time sensitive projects for various business needs including new store openings, new product launches, etc.
SERVICE AND REPAIR EDUCATION
- Develop processes, systems, and certifications to create a culture of excellence in retail/service and repair
- Expert in working with all Dyson Machines
- Assist with all technical, educational and product related customer service questions
- Develop materials and support the delivery of Service and Repair Trainings for Dyson Demo Stores
Fulfil other duties as required
- Manage Education Team projects and calendar, track budgets, generate reports, book business travel as needed
- Focus on trends of competitors / brands and report qualitative feedback from the field
- Present a professional image in appearance, words and actions
- Identify problems and find solutions
- Ability to lift, push, and pull up to 30lbs., potentially overhead
- Travel 50%+ of time
- Flexible schedule with the ability to work weekdays, some weekends, holidays and as business dictates.
- 3+ years creating training and educational programs required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, HR Training/Development or related discipline or equivalent in work experience
- Ability to adapt to a fast paced and changing department and quickly re-focus from unexpected outcomes
- Must have an entrepreneurial spirit; able to work in an ambiguous environment and willing to take risks as needed.
- Strong selling skills training background
- Experience in training in a retail environment
- Previous experience managing teams
- Experience in developing education content and curriculums, including train the trainer and adapting materials and delivery to different type of learning styles and needs
- Experience in product management
- Highly creative, ability to see and forecast trends
- Presentation skills: able to present confidently in front of a varied audiences, including large meeting, small group, customer facing, and on camera
- Excellent Project Management, organizational and planning skills
- Written and verbal skills: able to communicate at all levels of the business.
- Meeting management and group process facilitation skills
- Experience with SAP (S4, Ariba, Fiori)
- Knowledge of POS
- Experience in creation of SCORM modules/LXP Training Platforms
- Experience in store maintenance programs
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Spanish preferred but not required
At Dyson, how we reward you is linked to our high-performance culture. But it’s about more than salary and bonus. Through a package of financial, lifestyle and health benefits, we support whatever stage of life you’re in and the moments that matter.
- 401K with up to a 4% match
- Company paid Life Insurance and AD&D
- Flexible Savings Account (FSA) and Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Competitive Paid Time Off Benefits including Separate Holiday, Sick, and Vacation Time
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefits (applicable areas only)
- Generous Child Care Leave Program
- Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Generous Dyson Product Discounts
- Multi-Level Healthcare Coverage Options
- Vision & Dental Coverage
- Company paid Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
Dyson is committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment that reflects the diversity of the community in which we live. If requested, we will provide reasonable accommodation during the recruitment process for persons with disabilities. Contact us at email@example.com for more information. Dyson is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
At Dyson, it's about more than our machines. We recognise that our success comes from our inventive people. We believe in including everybody and supporting you on your journey with us
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.