- Project and Programme Management
- Poland - Krakow Office
At Dyson, we demand the highest standard of performance from the technologies we engineer. Our people expect the same from the technology that supports them. We are a community that appreciates and advocates better engineering. A community of pioneers.
The aim of Dyson IT is to create robust IT architecture, to manage data effectively and efficiently and continue to grow our world-class team. A team who is strategic, enabling business acceleration, growth and success.
Dyson’s Global IT – Manufacturing, Supply Chain & Retail Systems Function – has end-to-end accountability for the strategic roadmap, design, delivery, and support of all business applications enabling Dysons global planning, procurement, manufacturing, supply chain and retail business processes. Forming a large proportion of the IT Function, the team is arranged into three business and technology-focused domains:
- Planning Systems
- Procurement & Manufacturing Systems
- Supply Chain & Aftersales Systems
- Retail Systems
About the Role
Reporting to the Head of IT – Retail Systems, you will be responsible for provisioning world class global IT Service Delivery for all IT services in all locations to Dyson’s global Retail function. You will define, implement, manage and govern service delivery processes in line with the ITIL framework within Retail Functions to ensure the successful service design, transition, operation and improvement to existing, new and amended IT services. You will ensure that IT Service is delivered effectively and efficiently in all locations globally within SLA’s, OLA’s and KPI’s. You are required to contribute to the creation of a successful Service Delivery strategy/roadmap for your underlying services, and execute that by leading and influencing in a highly matrixed and leveraged global environment.
- Review quality specifications, technical design documents and provide timely and meaningful feedback.
- Develop and deliver short, medium and long term plans for improving the effectiveness and efficiency of service delivery management across all IT services for Dyson’s Retail functions globally that will generate a significant, positive impact on profitability and strategic direction, through improved stability, capacity management, quality and cost effectiveness e.g through automation, self serve/heal etc.
- Define, implement, and communicate a global service delivery management strategy for Dyson Retail functions and ensure that it remains current and fit for purpose
- Manage a global Service Delivery Management team to effectively deliver and standardise IT Service Delivery across all Dyson locations. This is to include effective career management, providing equitable opportunities, driving succession planning and talent management processes to ensure continuous development of people capability & delivery of results.
- Manage third party/parties providing operational support to Retail functions ensuring compliance to SLA’s, OLA’s and KPI’s (24/7 where defined), approved service designs, policies, standards and processes and evidencing continual service improvement and reducing cost/complexity to serve over time.
- Deliver and manage an effective major incident, incident, problem, change and knowledge management process for retail services in line with direction from the Office of the CIO (OCIO) who will set the tooling, process and procedure standards.
- Report on defined service delivery KPI’s, OLA’s and SLA’s
- Create collateral and support the Head of IT/Regional or Country IT Managers in regular service reviews with their business stakeholders and IT suppliers. Ensure that you are producing balance scorecards and that you own, maintain and delivery against a CSI plan
- Ensure that for any existing, new, or amended IT services being introduced that a service design is created and approved and that the service is transitioned effectively and smoothly into service operations
- Ensure that Dyson defined ITIL processes are being delivered and followed across all IT service towers for Retail Functions
- Work with other IT teams to ensure successful end to end service delivery for IT services being delivered to them e.g. Service Desk, End User Computing, Infrastructure services, etc.
- Stay abreast of trends in service delivery management including management, technologies, sourcing, policies, procedures and other external changes that could have an impact on IT services.
- Ensure that all IT services are delivered within the bounds of Dyson’s policies and any global legislative compliance e.g. GDPR, PCI etc
- Effectively manage global operational risks and issues for retail functions
- Requirement to travel globally
- Requirement to be available out of hours in the event of major incidents requiring leadership support and delivery.
- Experience and a proven track record of managing IT service / operation management for retail technology solutions
- More than 5 years’ experience in retail IT operation / service management and delivery and solving business problems with software and technology
- Demonstrated functional and technical knowledge in point-of-sale (POS) solution architecture (myPOS Connect, Cegid, Oracle, Diebold-Nixdorf, NCR, LS-Retail or similar)
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience with industry and security standards Agile, TOGAF and PCI-DSS
- Experience with payment vendors/gateways
- Must be confident working with all levels of management, and understand the demands and responsibilities of those roles
- Some travel may be required
- Adaptable with natural ability to thrive in complex and ambiguous situations
- Ability to communicate clearly with both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to build from good relationships (globally) and with a natural collaborative nature
- Strong sense of curiosity and desire to stay abreast of changes and innovations in the market of retail technologies
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Ability to think ahead and anticipate problems, issues and solutions
- Performance related bonus
- Life Assurance
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Pension scheme with competitive employer contributions
- Recognition Program
- Holiday Allowance
- Free fruit delivered for office staff, free coffee and tea
- Cafeteria Benefit – wellness programme, cinema tickets, Multisport card etc.
- Possibility of working from home
- Medical: Employee cover + opportunity to buy additional cover for family
- Employee Assistance Program for employee and dependents
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.