- Starting salary will be determined based on experience and credentials
- Chicago - USA
Over the last five years, we’ve established our own retail proposition, opening 205 Direct and Partner Dyson Demo Stores around the world (across more than 20 different markets). Our ambition is to continue to grow our own retail presence, taking the number of global retail locations to 500 by 2025. By the end of 2021, we will have nine stores across the Americas region: three in Canada, five in the US and one in Mexico.
About the roleThis role will develop and implement comprehensive strategies, inclusive of marketing and events, to launch new Dyson stores across the Americas region; drive brand awareness and traffic to new and existing stores; acquire new customers and retain owners; launch new in-store services from ideation to execution; and accelerate growth at Dyson, both in-store and online.
Co-author and deliver a multichannel strategy for Dyson Demo Stores with the Sr. Retail Marketing Manager:
- Draft annual marketing calendar for each location across the Americas region reflecting multichannel initiatives, including: paid, owned and earned media; PR; CRM; .com/.ca/.mx/; services; and events
- Develop annual budget to support marketing and service initiatives and monitor spending monthly
- Create and manage digital marketing plans such as social media, hyperlocal media and on-site merchandising. Drive translation where needed.
- Cultivate relationships with mall stakeholders to ensure flawless brand execution across mall O&O channels and uncover opportunities to raise awareness of Demo Stores (i.e. in-mall DOOH, eblasts, social, etc.). Author briefs and deliver assets.
- Be obsessed with the customer journey – identifying and executing a controlled, purposeful experience across each touchpoint
- Execute projects flawlessly with focus on stakeholder, timeline and budget management
Develop and execute brand, content and media strategy for Dyson Demo Stores, locally and regionally:
- Collaborate with Senior Marketing Manager (SMM) to execute go-to-market plans including new product launches, launch planning, creative briefs, training, asset development
- Co-author and deliver briefs for media agency.
- Partner with PR team to drive local awareness of new stores, products & services
- Ensure Dyson Demo Store exposure on owned assets, from geo-targeted product page banners to onsite campaigns, including landing pages, social and CRM
- Support content partnerships
- Work effectively with the Group Retail team to ensure alignment wherever possible
- Coordinate with Direct Sales team to ensure cohesive messaging across all channels
- Develop brand awareness and engagement through strategic influencer seeding
- Establish a Dyson Demo Store community building strategy plan, with focus on growth of customer relationships & engagement rate
Own the ideation, development and execution plan for events:
- Manage the strategic development and creative briefing for both virtual and physical consumer events, both in and out of Dyson Demo Stores
- Ideate, deliver and scale experiences, in and out of Dyson Demo Stores; be at the forefront of delivering our business-wide objective of “Excellent Execution” via creative, communications, project management and in-store delivery for a consistent, flawless finish
- Identify the top consumer events we need to be present at to showcase Dyson technology and show the importance of buying Direct from the people who made it.
- Own design brief and manage the entire event lifecycle from inception of opportunity to post-event recap leveraging the playbooks put together for successful event execution across categories
- Drive traffic to events by leveraging Dyson owned assets, strategic paid media, influencers and PR
- Manage event budgets with the goal of delivering a positive ROI
Record and report activity for marketing activity
- Update KPI tracker on monthly basis
- Analyze campaigns (paid and owned), in-store performance, customer insights and report results with lessons learned on monthly basis
- Adopt a test/learn/refine approach of new activities to further understand shopper behavior and inform what drives people in-store
- Partner with cross-functional teams to identify and bring new in-store services to life including ROI analysis, launch and ongoing strategy, marketing assets (online & in-store), privacy and legal assessments and reporting
- Identify areas of opportunity for systems and technology that improve customer experience for new and existing customers and differentiate the in-store experience. Author business case and RFP where necessary.
Fulfil other duties as required:
- Relish the opportunities to pick up new activities that fall broadly in the purpose of the role
- Fix things that you see need fixing
- Identify problems and find solutions
- 5+ years’ business experience with a retailer, CPG and/or Beauty brand. Experiential background is a plus.
- Open to traditional and non-traditional CPG experience such as electronics, beauty, lifestyle marketing experience, specifically with an understanding of the premium / luxury and retail market.
- 3+ years’ experience with direct project accountability
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Must be comfortable in an entrepreneurial environment
- Flexibility – must be adaptable and open to taking on multiple projects and initiatives with the ability to adapt plans and direction as the business indicates
- Entrepreneurial spirit – must be able to deal with ambiguity and willing to take risks as needed
- Be passionate about the product – passionate about Dyson, technology and engineering
- Project management skills – with the ability to manage budgets, deadlines, and plan, achieve and evaluate results individually and through others.
- Ability to travel occasionally as required
- Problem Solving-must be able to critically analyze data and tackle problems and present viable solutions.
- Team player with the ability to manage & motivate people and build strong relationships with a wide range of people (across all Dyson markets)
- Strong written and verbal communication, with the ability to effectively communicate with all levels within the organization.
- Creativity - required to guide and challenge a team responsible for managing a dynamic brand. Be open to new ideas, adventurous and practical simultaneously
BenefitsAt Dyson, how we reward you is linked to our high-performance culture. But it’s about more than salary and bonus. Through a package of financial, lifestyle and health benefits, we support whatever stage of life you’re in and the moments that matter.
- 401K with up to a 4% match
- Company paid Life Insurance and AD&D
- Flexible Savings Account (FSA) and Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Competitive Paid Time Off Benefits including Separate Holiday, Sick, and Vacation Time
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefits (applicable areas only)
- Generous Child Care Leave Program
- Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Generous Dyson Product Discounts
- Multi-Level Healthcare Coverage Options
- Vision & Dental Coverage
- Company paid Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
Dyson is committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment that reflects the diversity of the community in which we live. If requested, we will provide reasonable accommodation during the recruitment process for persons with disabilities. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. Dyson is an Equal Opportunity Employer. #LI-DYSON
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.