- United Kingdom - Malmesbury Office
Committed to building and enhancing its Global Retail presence and shopper journey, Dyson is continuing to grow at pace and with ambitious targets to reach, our NPD pipeline and points of distribution in physical 3rd party and direct retail are essential for meeting these targets.
This role is based in the Group Retail Experience team, reporting into the Senior Global Retail Marketing Manager responsible for NPD and 3rd party. The Global Retail Experience team consists of a core multi-disciplined group of creatives, designers, marketeers and retail experts who create and shape our retail presence, communication, trade marketing initiatives and shopper experience across the Dyson global markets in partnership with our local teams.
The Retail Marketing team for 3rd Party and NPD are responsible for owning and delivering against the retail experience strategy. The role will rely on the ability to develop outstanding relationships with others, deliver the commercial vision for NPD launches in channel and ensure that Dyson retail delivers a compelling shopper experience across all tiers of retail execution.
About the Role
12 Month Fixed Term Contract - based on-site in Malmesbury, Wiltshire.
Key accountabilities and responsibilities include:
- Brief owner for category lead NPD projects and campaigns across Dyson’s indirect and direct physical channels. Briefs to be built on insight from marketplace, competitors and market trends. Deliverables should reflect evolving shopper journeys and be reflective of market needs to meet business targets.
- Inputting into distribution strategy and determining the retail shopper journey and briefing key deliverables into relevant creative teams for given NPD and Campaigns.
- Responsible for owning the retail channel vision for a given category supported by building strong relationships with counterparts in category teams.
- Partner with regional CoE and Direct teams to support market planning and budget management.
- Develop shopper insights, engagement and analytics to feedback and/or develop action plans required to maximise opportunities with our shoppers and shopper journey.
- Work on insights and feedback to develop new retail systems, system updates or other requests, considering market, brand and commercial factors to deliver the best possible solution.
- Own the vision for the shopper journey to deliver a best-in-class experience, taking into consideration insight, trends and market feedback. Trial and pilot activity in partnership with regional teams to inform long term strategy.
- Highlighting and managing risks to key stakeholders, recommending mitigation plans supported by project management teams.
- Proven experience in leading Retail Marketing, ideally with high end retail brands across the region.
- Proven experience of presenting work and influencing decision makers at the highest levels
- Able to apply strategic and data led approach to all briefs
- Ability to handle multiple projects whilst still delivering on schedule and to budget
- Experience of influencing / guiding a team of people across various functions to deliver to defined and agreed objectives and schedules.
- Experience of working with a ‘big idea’ then creatively managing it through integrated campaigns
- Be the interface between Group Commercial, Group Retail Experience, Retail CoE and appreciate different perspectives and propose balanced solutions that meet the wider needs of the business.
- Tenacious problem solver – experience in creating solutions and within tight timeframes
- Graduate in a relevant field would be an advantage
- Strong at multi-tasking, good at prioritizing and calm under pressure.
- Excellent communicator, experienced in communicating across functions and at all levels.
- Effective at building relationships within the team and across departments.
- Pro-active – prepared with solutions and anticipating problems.
- Organized and deadline orientated.
- Sense of ownership – committed to the delivery of projects.
- The ability to inspire and challenge.
- Creative thinker – able to think of solutions and new approaches.
- Strategic – able to see the bigger picture.
- Confident – strong at presenting ideas and debating when required.
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidised café and restaurants
- Free lunches
- Discounts on Dyson machines
At Dyson, it's about more than our machines. We recognise that our success comes from our inventive people. We believe in including everybody and supporting you on your journey with us
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.