- Singapore - St James Power Station Headquarters
Dyson is on a journey to optimise its retail distribution and deliver a premium and consistent retail experience to every shopper at every touchpoint across their path to purchase journey. Our role is to excite customers and bring them to our retail spaces, after which we can showcase the Dyson technology in a retail setting that delights and encourages them to get hands on with our products. In physical retail, our activity is divided between two main areas: Direct and Indirect, with the Indirect pillar being predominantly wholesale. In APAC we have more than 100 Direct doors, and over 4000 Indirect doors.
With an estate of this size that continues to grow, operational efficiency and excellence is paramount, not only to our customer and staff experience, but to our long-term profitability.
About the Role
The Retail Operations Manager will act as the lead contact for each APAC market on how to optimally operate our stores. The successful candidate will be required to dive into the detail of daily trading, as well as working between our Global and our regional market teams on longer term, strategic developments that require seamless integration into our Demo spaces. Initially, the role will focus on our Direct retail estate (Flagships, Boutiques, Service Centres, Outlets, Concession Shop in Shop and Mall Demo Zones) but over time will develop to embed operational excellence into the day-to-day thinking of our Indirect estate.
The role of Retail Operations Manager will sit within our APAC Retail function, and will work closely with our APAC markets, SG-based Global Retail Operations team, APAC Retail Design team, and cross functional stakeholders including IT, Security, Procurement, Logistics and H&S. You will report to the Director of Dyson Demo for APAC, with a dotted line into the Senior Manager of Global Retail Operations.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Drive operations excellence across APAC and be accountable for operational compliance in line with Dyson retail standards. Focus areas include risk management, physical security, cash controls & banking, H&S, inventory management, audit readiness, staff rostering optimization, IT infrastructure, collection of retail metrics.
- Cascade top-down operational best practice into APAC markets, ensuring market applicability and relevance; at the same time champion the voices of the APAC markets at the global operations table.
- Create a regional community / forum for store managers and retail leads to share, discuss and solve store opportunities and challenges.
- Create, define and refine operational processes for the APAC region; in partnership with key stakeholders roll out the blueprint and adapt SOP's to each market to ensure that retail operations and long-term developments are seamlessly integrated and shared across all functions.
- Partner with Retail Design to deliver stores that are operationally fit for purpose.
- Work closely with the Regional Retail Implementation Manager devising strategies that continuously improve store builds and store opening plans. Ensure direct retail readiness for each market.
- Partner with Regional & Market IT teams to deliver appropriate infrastructure to new stores, and prepare markets for forthcoming IT developments in line with the Global IT Roadmap.
- Promote a process driven culture aiming to make all stores compliant; conduct internal audits, business continuity plans and H&S risk assessments.
- Work with the Financial and Cyber Security Team(s), along with the Global Operations team, to increase the number of accepted payment methods in our stores, while constantly improving their reliability by reducing vulnerability due to fraudulent behaviours. Focus on standards like PCI DSS.
- Implement services consistently and compliantly that optimise the customer experience e.g. next day delivery, collection from store, virtual queuing.
- Evolve the operations of our Direct stores in a world where Covid-19 is a daily reality.
- Be the lead contact for each market on how stores operate: this includes training of store teams on operational procedures, compliance mechanisms and the roll out of new store services but also offering first line of support on store hardware, H&S and other business critical functions.
Skills, Knowledge & Experience:
- +5 years store operations or store management experience in the APAC region for a similarly dynamic, international and complex organization.
- Strong understanding of IT systems & payment processes.
- Comprehensive understanding of premium retail experience and evolving shopper expectations.
- Demonstrable experience implementing large scale change / transformational projects.
- Experience leading teams, coaching and mentoring.
- Excellent communicator with clinical written and verbal presentation skills.
- Highly collaborative; a strong listener with an ability to listen to many different inputs and translate them into appropriate solutions. A team player that values the voices of all.
- Able to breakdown complex, technical subject matter into digestible, bite-size chunks for non-experts.
- Analytical mindset with a strong commercial acumen.
- Curious, with a passion for problem solving. Not afraid to challenge convention, questioning previously accepted ways of working.
- Detailed and diligent; an analytical mindset that leaves no stone unturned. Logical with a pragmatic approach.
- Be passionate about retail; champion the shopper mindset.
- Comfortable working in ambiguity, taking the initiative and being proactive.
- Self-motivated and highly driven.
- Attention to detail, without losing sight of the bigger picture; able to move between the day-to-day and long term strategic plans seamlessly.
- Comfortable with pressure and delivering against tight timelines.
- English fluency (written and spoken) is essential. Japanese / Korean language is preferable.
Dyson Singapore monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and bonuses. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy a transport allowance and comprehensive medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.
At Dyson, it's about more than our machines. We recognise that our success comes from our inventive people. We believe in including everybody and supporting you on your journey with us
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.