- Singapore - Technology Centre
Dyson solves the problems others choose to ignore, developing disruptive technologies requiring even more complex electronics to deliver an increasing product portfolio. We are growing fast, and our ambition is boundless – more products, more locations, and more people.
About the role
Retail & Salon trainer is responsible for developing, delivering and executing training programs and coaching to all staff of Dyson in Singapore, Thailand and Indonesia.
This role is also responsible for translating business objectives into education needs by understanding the business priorities as well as supporting special events and media activations.
The role is reporting to the Business Development Manager Personal Care,
Key Understanding & Commitments
- Understand and exemplify Dyson philosophy and brand culture
- Understand and strengthen the relationship between Dyson and Product specialists
- Participate in all corporate events and supports Dyson events and shows as directed
- Maintains personal image and technical competence
- This position requires intermittent supervision as incumbent will be working independently the majority of the time in the field directly with our brand, distributor and internal team members.
SEA Training Management
- Expert knowledge of Dyson hair care, industry and market.
- Anticipate, prepare and deliver top-quality trainings, liaising with management on agendas, timings and content.
- To adapt Global training materials and localize learning assets/tools required by the learning needs in the markets in order to fit local specificities and enhance content of existing training support documents
- Conduct monthly trainings for internal team to reinforce education support to drive advocacy within team (both virtually and on site)
- Develop relevant quizzes to ensure the team understands Dyson’s technology & USP.
- Execution of national education initiatives including planning and execution of product launch and events
- Drive strong brand advocate and take charge of integrating the team through coaching and engagement
- Build effective working relationships with stakeholders in the internal team to ensure alignment on sales & marketing plan
Special Events & PR Support
- Conduct media presentations and for any other media events or activities to engage media and KOLs.
- Execute social media activation & partnership opportunities to drive Dyson education social awareness and influence
- Provide on-site support for consumer/retailer events and for alignment of brand directions for effectiveness of campaigns and events as and when required
- Support Retailer sell-ins
- Fulfil filming and livestream needs required for the brand.
Product Development & Testing
- Prepare, conduct testing and give qualitative feedback on Dyson Machines
Perform market research, visit and stay attuned of competition to report qualitative feedback from the field
- Monitor competitors’ new products to provide more updated comparison information.
- Regular meetings with Engineers sharing feedback from the sales floor & industry
- Evaluate and follow-up training results, which will include conducting strategic follow up coaching to ensure successful roll out of training initiative
- Monthly education status for training programs
- Keep Outlook Calendar current
- Maintain and update education materials
- Pre-post Key Meeting recaps
Fulfil other duties as required
- Pick up new activities that fall broadly in the purpose of the role
- Fix things that you can see need fixing
- Identify problems and find solutions
- Promote and demonstrate Dyson values and behaviours.
- Global Training Team in the UK
- SEA Marketing Team
- SEA Sales & Business Development Team
- Brand Ambassadors
- Events Agencies
- Salon Stylists
About you (Skills & Experiences)
Experience and Education
- Diploma or a related field required
- 4 to 5 years of experiences in Hair care/ Salon industry
- Superior technical hairdressing and communication skills
- Knowledge of business and educational aspects of the haircare industry
- Strong facilitation and coaching skills
The ideal candidate
- A visible passion for Dyson, technology and engineering
- Strong ability to engage, influence and motivate key internal and external stakeholders to work towards a common goal
- Problem Solver - must be able to critically analyze and tackle problems, as well as to present viable solutions
- Broad thinker with strong business acumen and analytical skills - ability to use market analysis to identify high potential opportunities
- Entrepreneurial spirit - must be able to deal with ambiguity, pace and willing to take risks as needed
- Ability to demonstrate resilience with a never-say-die attitude and a strong desire to win
- Strong communication skills - ability to present information both written and oral clearly and concisely. This person needs to be able to communicate clearly and confidently to all levels within Dyson.
- Fluency in English and a second language both written and spoken is a pre-requisite for this role
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.