- Starting salary will be based on experience and credentials
- Retail Sales
- Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Dyson is a global technology enterprise. We’re growing fast and our ambition is huge – more categories, more locations and more people. Dyson launched in Canada in 2006 with our headquarters in the heart of Toronto, where we’ve been recognized as one of the top employers to work for. In recent years, we’ve expanded our reach and grown exponentially across many teams, from digital and direct, to field sales, and our growing number of Dyson Demo stores.
At Dyson, we sell by demonstrating. Our Experts, Stylists and Retail Strategy and Operations team are Dyson advocates who know our technology inside out, and are excited by it. They are the face of Dyson, connecting our world-leading and pioneering technology with shoppers and owners.
About the role
We are seeking beauty enthusiasts with a passion for innovative technology to represent our brand as a Lead Hair Stylist.
You will specialize in delivering an exciting and compelling experience primarily focused on our Personal Care products: Supersonic hairdryer and AirWrap styling tool and our newly released Dyson Corrale Hair Straightener. Dyson Hair Stylists are responsible for delivering hands on demonstrations that include styling and relationship building with our customers, while achieving specified goals.
This role is a full time opportunity with a competitive hourly rate plus opportunity for a monthly bonus incentive and a one-time clothing allowance.
Key responsibilities include:
- Responsible for driving key metrics during shift including store sales, conversion and demonstrations
- Coach and train experts and peers
- Embrace the Dyson Guest Experience model and consistently provide that experience to our guests
- Perform product demos and explain product features to customers
- Collaborate with store management to organize marketing and promotional campaigns and to coordinate activities
- Takes an active role in leading beauty events
- The subject matter expert in styling, beauty and personal care products
- Ensure that all Experts adhere to corporate processes and safety standards
- Carry keys and alarm codes; open and close store, disarm and arm alarm system
- Oversee cleaning, maintenance, and deliveries staff outside of regular business hours
- Take an active role in daily operations and supervise daily procedures
- Handle managerial tasks when the general and assistant managers are unavailable
- Manage bank deposits, balance point of sale drawers and safe
- Check and respond to email and phone messages
- Flexible schedule with the ability to work weekends, some weekdays, holidays and as business dictates.
- Active cosmetology license required
- Minimum of 2 year experience in a customer-facing, retail setting required with 1 year in a leadership role
- Experience working with or in a premium or luxury brand strongly preferred
- Bi-lingual language proficiency is a plus
- Ability to understand the Dyson brand and uphold its integrity
- Ability to lift, push or pull up to 35lbs
- Ability to stand on your feet for up to eight hours at a time
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- HS Diploma or GED required
BenefitsAt Dyson, how we reward you is linked to our high-performance culture. But it’s about more than salary and bonus. Through a package of financial, lifestyle and health benefits, we support whatever stage of life you’re in and the moments that matter.
- Dyson Matching RSP contributions
- Company Paid Life Insurance and Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D)
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Employee Referral Program
- Generous Dyson Product Discounts
- Competitive Paid Time Off including Floater Holiday, Sick, and Vacation Time
- Generous Maternity Leave Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage Options
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.