- Retail Operations
- Singapore - Singapore
With over 4000 doors and 1000 experts & stylists, we have a significant indirect retail presence and are driven to deliver a best-in-class shopper experiences across all touchpoints.
The APAC Retail Training Manager is responsible for developing and delivering the tools that facilitate our markets to execute a consistent and elevated shopper experience through our experts and stylists, that is both locally relevant and in line with our Global standards. The role sits in APAC’s Retail Centre of Excellence (CoE) organization, in our Global HQ in Singapore, and involves close collaboration with both global, regional and market retail stakeholders.
About the roleCentral to this role is the ability to motivate and influence stakeholders at all levels. You’ll work with your peers, the wider market retail teams and regional and global stakeholders, including Senior Leadership, to bring global retail training initiatives to life in the APAC region. You will have excellent communication skills to champion training initiatives and opportunities and to motivate teams to adopt and execute training programmes.
Be the conduit between global and market functions:
- Advocate the needs & realities of market trainers & experts during the global training content creation process to ensure we are continually improving and delivering against the region’s training and retail needs
- Collaborate with the global training team on the design of training programs and tools; assist in the publication and implementation of materials, ensuring that APAC markets needs are met
- Partner with market stakeholders to encourage adoption and localisation of group-created training content, building consistency in the Dyson learning experience of every Expert and Stylist
- Manage key stakeholder relationships – through regular communication and expectation management
- Drive digital learning transformation in the region, supporting rollout of retail eLearning modules on Dyson Learning and other learning management systems
- Partner with market stakeholders to encourage eLearning adoption and support eLearning localisation, trans-creation and implementation
Foster Community and Coaching:
- Build and foster a strong Experts and Stylist community within the APAC and the wider global team.
- Develop and implement unique experiences to allow our Experts and Stylist to grow, develop and stay motivated to work for Dyson.
- Support and coach our team of local APAC trainers and Retail Field leads to ensure they are delivering impactful training and building a team of high performing Experts and Stylists.
Upskill our Retailers:
- Partner with local trainers and sales managers to elevate Indirect retail experience through retailer education & advocacy
Focus on Training Evaluation:
- Define Training implementation KPIs to measure training effectiveness to drive continuous training and business impact improvements
- Build data-tracking, reporting and governance tools on in-store retail experience to enable Data-led training
Be a Collaborator:
- Collaborate with your Retail CoE APAC team members to make sure that retail designs, demonstrations, activations are optimised for our people
- Create bespoke training assets to support Retail CoE driven initiatives
- +5 years of experience of working in a retail training environment
- Demonstrable experience developing and implementing digital training tools & processes; working with a blend of internal and external stakeholders
- APAC Region work experience
- Experience of successfully delivering large scale complex projects; solution focussed, able to lead development of implementation plans
- Strong prioritisation, project management and delivery skills
- Excellent facilitation and presentation skills including classroom and virtual delivery.
- Detail driven with a clear understanding of excellence in execution and retail standards.
- A comprehensive understanding of adult learning methodologies and instructional design
- Good understanding of Learning Management Systems and eLearning.
- Ability to work with data and to distil and translate it into meaningful content, stories and insights
- Strong stakeholder management skills; driven and passionate.
- Comfortable with all presentation formats: small or large groups, customer facing, and virtual
- Strong experience of coaching and developing others and facilitating soft skills and behavioural training; retail or non-retail.
BenefitsDyson monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and pension contributions. Beyond that, you’ll also enjoy a profit-related bonus, generous leave and life insurance. But financial benefits are only the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, flexible working hours, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to creativity, innovation and ambition.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.