- Chippenham, United Kingdom
About the role
- Repair and service machines returned by UK customers
- Diagnose issues with the returned unit according to the Dyson quality service level
- Repair the returned machine as per the defined policy/process, and within the Dyson quality and service level.
- Improve& maximize first time fix rate following Dyson guidelines
- Ensure that returned units are repairs and serviced within cost guidelines
- Work with group Quality and RDD to improve machine reliability and repair new models
- Highlight technical issues and trends with returned products
- Participate in developing technical solutions with Quality and RDD
- Assist in developing repair guidelines and procedures for new Dyson products
- Actively seek improvements in processes and procedures
- Demonstrate a continuous improvement approach to repair
- Ensure that all Health and Safety procedures are followed
- Actively support and participate in site ISO Standards
- Communicate effectively with end customers when required
- Be an effective member of the Chippenham Service Centre team
- Support the Chippenham Service Centre team
- Act as a role model to colleagues to ensure professionalism, enthusiasm and respect are actively displayed to all internal and external stakeholders.
- Experience as Technician in a service/technical or manufacturing environment.
- Experience in operating within a lean methodology environment.
- Can demonstrate that they have driven efficiencies in a workshop/manufacturing environment including both operational and people changes.
- Competent use of Microsoft Office
- A good level of communication skills both verbal and written
- Ability to cooperate as a dynamic team and perform as a group
- Electrical and mechanical understanding
- Team player capable of building and motivating the teams around them
- Ability to learn and adapt to changes while delivering exceptional customer service
- Pro-active and results driven
- Flexibility and able to act upon own initiative and seize opportunities.
- Positive ‘can do’ attitude
- A problem solving attitude
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Free on-site parking
- Discounts on Dyson machines
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.