- We are open to considering candidates to be based in in the UK and Singapore, Malmesbury - United Kingdom
As our ambition for domestic robotics continues to expand, the electronics architecture team now need an enthusiastic expert with a passion for, and experience of delivering high complexity mechatronic products. The role is a senior technical position within product development, with accountability for leading the delivery of all electronics aspects of new robotics platforms.
The successful candidate will work with the Product Owner(s) and Robotics Behavioural Architect to define the key requirements and specifications of the platform; and coordinate our highly motivated team of architects to deliver the safety, mechatronic, power management, connectivity, embedded software, processing platforms, sensing, operating systems, and middleware aspects needed to realise state of the art robotic products.
- Own the technical delivery of next generation robotics platforms at EVT, DVT, and PVT phases.
- Lead the scoping, and alignment of electronics sub-teams to deliver a complete robotics platform.
- Work with the New Product and Research teams to help refine the requirements of the product(s), and platform(s).
- Work with development teams in the software, hardware and systems to approve critical sub-system requirements.
- Support the implementation of product functional safety concepts within the electronics domain.
- Communicate day to day with project managers, architects, engineers, consultants, suppliers and customers on all aspects of platform activities.
- Clearly demonstrable experience of full lifecycle product development of leading the development of complex mechatronic systems.
- Experience of leading the development of embedded hardware, embedded software, or sensors.
- Taken at least one product to production.
- Experience of delivering functional safety products desirable.
- Understanding of IEC 62061, and IEC 61508 series desirable.