- SGD Competitive Remuneration package
- Robotics, Software Engineering and Connectivity
- Singapore - Singapore
Dyson began 30 years ago with James Dyson and a handful of engineers questioning everyday products, thinking differently and making them better. We are now the world's number one vacuum cleaner manufacturer in the UK, US, Japan, Europe and Australasia.
We've even branched out to improving commercial technology that frustrates us. The Dyson Airblade hand dryer dries hands in ten seconds, it’s also the most hygienic and energy efficient hand dryer available. And more recently a fan, Air Multiplier, with no blades or grille.
There are over 4000 in the world and we’re all inventive and hugely passionate about what we do. At our Development Centre in Johor Bahru, Malaysia & Singapore there are almost 1600 of us, a mixture of engineers and support staff, we are Dyson people that are encouraged to think differently, challenge convention and be unafraid to make mistakes. Our teams there will rise to more than 2000 over the next 2 years.
About the role
You'll be an experienced real-time embedded system engineer with excellent firmware coding knowledge. Working in an agile cross-functional team, you will be a key member of the robotics platform team and contribute to the development of sensors integration, system kernel and board bring up, and providing unified hardware abstraction layer to enable the development of more complex behaviour features in the upper application layer in our robotic products.
You desire to create high quality, robust code to solve diverse real-world problems. You must be fluent in both C and C++ 11 and be comfortable in the whole product life cycle, including design, implementation, deployment, testing and debugging of firmware and application code.
You'll collaborate with architects, software, firmware and hardware engineers, manufacturing test engineers, and specialist engineering to help solve the wide and exciting range of robotics challenges posed by the ever expanding Dyson product portfolio.
- Responsible for the design and development of the firmware and platform of household robots for behaviours development and facilitate mass production.
- Manage the entire life cycle of multiple related complex modules and systems, including hardware abstraction layer discussion, manufacturing test/verification methodology, documentation, design, coding, testing, maintenance, and result tracking
- Good product sense and keen focus on product performance.
- In-depth participation in cross-teams product design discussions will be required.
- B.S. or M.S. degree in Computer Engineer, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
- 2+ years of work experience in embedded system development
- Excellent knowledge of Linux, and good command of both C and C++ 11 programming languages
- Knowledge and hands-on experience of Yacto.
- Strong proficiency in multithreading programming and synchronisation mechanisms.
- Experience in Real Time OS and MCU programming is a plus
- Experience in board bring up and Linux kernel porting for system integration.
- Low level debugging experience, such as by JLink, Oscilloscope, etc. is a plus.
- Experience of interfaces such as UART, I2C and SPI
- Experience in sensors/camera/BT/Wifi modules integration and calibration is plus.
- Experience with debug tool like GDB, Linux driver development and testing experience is highly desired
- Experience in automated testing and manufacturing test process is highly desired.
- Excellent object oriented programming coding ability, including speed and overall quality; preferably, the candidate shall be able to write high performance product quality code with C++ 11.
- Familiar with STL, boost C++ libraries, design patterns and able to enforce it in day-to-day tasks is a plus.
- Experience in Agile practices is a plus.
- Version control (preferably git)
- Experience in fulfilling continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) and use of Yocto building system is a plus.
- The ability to learn continuously and improve oneself.
- Professionalism and excellent communication skills
- Optimism and an excitement about collaborating with teammates and interdisciplinary teams (including hardware/firmware/system/software engineers and suppliers’ FAE), and technically support development (such as manufacturing test engineers).
- Independent, Integrity and self-driven with a strong focus on results
- Fluent in spoken and written English
BenefitsDyson Singapore monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and bonuses. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy a transport allowance and comprehensive medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fueling and realizing ambition.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.