- SGD Competitive Remuneration Package
- Robotics, Software Engineering and Connectivity
- Singapore - Singapore
Dyson began 30 years ago with James Dyson and a handful of engineers questioning everyday products, thinking differently and making them better. We are now the world's number one vacuum cleaner manufacturer in the UK, US, Japan, Europe and Australasia.
We've even branched out to improving commercial technology that frustrates us. The Dyson Airblade hand dryer dries hands in ten seconds, it’s also the most hygienic and energy efficient hand dryer available. And more recently a fan, Air Multiplier, with no blades or grille.
There are over 4000 in the world and we’re all inventive and hugely passionate about what we do. At our Development Centre in Johor Bahru, Malaysia & Singapore there are almost 1600 of us, a mixture of engineers and support staff, we are Dyson people that are encouraged to think differently, challenge convention and be unafraid to make mistakes. Our teams there will rise to more than 2000 over the next 2 years.
About the role
You'll be an experienced robotics software
engineer with excellent software coding knowledge. Working in an agile
cross-functional team, you will contribute to the development of complex
features to ensure Dyson continues to create innovative products that will delight
You'll collaborate with architects, software engineers, and specialist engineering to help solve the wide and exciting range of robotics challenges posed by the ever expanding Dyson product portfolio.
You'll have a desire to explore and share ideas and techniques across different technical domains and will ideally have expert knowledge of algorithm development for complex, sophisticated systems including hardware, embedded software, robotics components with a focus on behavioural software.
- Responsible for the design and development of the behaviours and features of household robots.
- Manage the entire life cycle of multiple related complex modules and systems, including feature discussion, algorithmic analysis, documentation, design, coding, testing, maintenance, and result tracking
- Involve in continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) infrastructure/environment setup
- Good product sense and keen focus on product performance.
- Act as subject matter expert (SME) in specific domain, disseminating knowledge, guiding and mentor engineers in methodology, best practice and standards
- Proactively identify technical risks within projects and influence engineering teams in their resolution
- In-depth participation in feature design discussions will be required
- A bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mathematics, robotics engineering or similar.
- 1+ year of work experience in embedded system development.
- Excellent object oriented programming capability, including speed and overall quality; specifically, MUST be able to write high performance product quality codes with C++.
- Strong proficiency in multithreading programming and synchronisation mechanisms.
- Familiar with STL, boost C++ libraries, design patterns and able to enforce it in day-to-day tasks.
- The ability to learn continuously and improve oneself.
- Experience in Agile practices is a plus.
- Expertise and experience in embedded system development, including protocol, architecture, behaviours, security, etc., is a plus.
- Professionalism and excellent communication skills; ability to communicate complex information at every level.
- Optimism and an excitement about collaborating with teammates and interdisciplinary teams, and technically support development.
- Independent, Integrity and self-driven with a strong focus on results to ensure that the whole team succeeds in its goals.
- Fluent in spoken and written English
BenefitsDyson Singapore monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and bonuses. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy a transport allowance and comprehensive medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.