- Planning and Retail Operations
- United States - Chicago Office
Job Title: Analyst, Sales Operations & Planning
Department: Supply Planning
Reports To: Director of Business Operations & Planning
Property: Laptop, cellphone
PURPOSE OF POSITION
The Analyst, Sales Operation & Planning Direct will support the Dyson Direct-to-Consumer business and will work in partnership with Dyson Sales, Finance, Marketing and supply chain with a focus on improving forecast accuracy and ensuring proper replenishment of inventory for Finished Goods and Accessories.
MAIN ACCOUNTABILITIES AND SUPPORTING ACTIVITIES
Main responsibilities include forecasting, including base item forecasting, promotional forecasting, and event planning, weekly/monthly performance analysis, and execution of an Integrated Planning process.
- Forecast Finished Goods and Accessories at the Customer Retail Group, product and plant level as required
- Monitor sales trend and inventories; assess risks and opportunities; communicate and implement best profit and high customer satisfaction solutions
- Partner with internal cross functional partners including Sales, Finance, Supply, and Logistics
- Support execution of strategic plans for Dyson’s DTC channels, through Integrated Planning process to align on short term execution and longer-term strategies to deliver the annual plan
- Seek consensus and approval from internal stakeholders for proposed plans; negotiate with collaborative partners to achieve company's best position
- Support delivery of assigned budgets on monthly, quarterly and yearly basis
- Support Monthly SOP process by generating and distributing reporting to help prepare for monthly meetings and communicate monthly forecast data to the organization
Plan, develop, and manage relationships with internal Dyson teams
- Seek out decision makers and influencers, to best manage the business. Create positive working relationships across all levels of the organization.
- Support plans regarding distribution, merchandising, pricing, and product placement.
- Identify opportunities and related risks; assess situation and propose action. Effectively communicate this in concise and solution- oriented ways.
Contribute to the US Demand Planning team & Supply Planning Organization.
- Serve as an active and high performing member of the team
- Partner with other team members to support new opportunities as they arise
- Be able to challenge self and others in accepting the norm, while working towards best practices
Fulfill other duties as necessary and assigned.
- Relish the opportunity to pick up new activities that fall broadly in the purpose of the role
- Think outside of the box, identifying opportunities for improvement
- Identify problems and find solutions
Experience and Education
- Bachelor’s degree required; business major preferred
- 1-2 years in an Analyst role
- Prior experience working in a DTC business preferred
- Prior experience working with a sales function is a plus
- Prior Retail Planning experience, or experience working with a major US Retailer preferred
- Prior experience with CPFR and IBP processes strongly preferred
- Advanced knowledge/ proficiency in Microsoft Excel, and Outlook is required
- SAP experience is a plus
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Attention to detail is a plus
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects
- Shrewd-Ability to deliver projects in full, on time and to the highest quality
- Ingenious - An innovative yet objective thinker
- Attuned – ability to communicate with all levels of the organization with positive intent
Dyson is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.