- Johor Bahru - Malaysia
This role reports to Head of Procurement for Supply Assurance & Flexibility and will be responsible for managing the Critical Parts List and providing regular update to Management, including managing the approval process of PPV (Purchased Price Variance), Premium Cost and Airfreight Cost.
About the role
- You will be required to present status of Critical Part List, and review actions with the Global Procurement Director, Category Procurement Heads, Operation Heads & Supply Planning Heads, providing feedback on progress and actions.
- You will lead and co-drive the availability of critical components with Operation Managers and/or Contract Manufacturers
- You will work closely with the Global Commodity Managers for issues arising from Strategic Procurement matters
- You will be responsible for managing the approval process of PPV (Purchased Price Variance), Premium Cost and Airfreight Cost where applicable and necessary, according to GDA (Global Delegation Approval )
- You are responsible for case management, managing the issue, data preparation till closure. You are the owner for the Critical Parts List
- You are responsible for driving supply chain initiatives to improve supply and flexibility
- Self-motivated, independent, results-driven
- Ability to deliver under pressure and in tight timelines
- Process change / improvement skills are desirable
- Attention to detail is a must
- Degree level qualification or above in Engineering or equivalent, with at least 5 to 8 years working experience preferably in a fast moving Consumer Goods industry
- Experienced in Commodity Management, preferably in Electronics, Mechanical & Electro-mechanical commodities
- Strong process orientation, co-ordination and facilitation skills
- Fair minded approach and ability to be totally objective essential.
- Good communication for reporting to all stakeholders at different levels, ability to convey issues concisely and accurately to all levels within the organisation
- Prepared to challenge the norm and look for new ways of doing things
- Strong process manager – to get continuity
- Good understanding of manufacturing and how Dyson operates
- Strong communicator - Interpersonal skills - ability to build productive working relationships and influence
- Problem solving and analytical skills: to be able to assess problems thoroughly and drive logical conclusions (i.e. common sense and not embarrassed to ask supposedly “silly” questions)
- Integrity / confidence under pressure – always presenting the facts no matter what the circumstances
BenefitsDyson Malaysia monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries, bonuses and pension contributions. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy generous leave, a transport allowance and medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realizing ambition.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.