- SGD Competitive Remuneration package
- Software Engineering and Connectivity
- Singapore - Singapore
Dyson began twenty-one years ago with James Dyson and a handful of engineers questioning everyday products, thinking differently and making them better. We are now the world's number one vacuum cleaner manufacturer in the UK, US, Japan, Europe and Australasia.
We've even branched out to improving commercial technology that frustrates us. The Dyson Airblade hand dryer dries hands in ten seconds, it is also the most hygienic and energy efficient hand dryer available. And more recently a fan, Air Multiplier, with no blades or grille and that can be controlled remotely from your phone.
There are over 4,000 in the world and we’re all inventive and hugely passionate about what we do. At our Development Centre in Johor Bahru, Malaysia & Singapore there are almost 1600 of us, a mixture of engineers and support staff, we are Dyson people that are encouraged to think differently, question convention and be unafraid to make mistakes. Our teams there will rise to more than 2000 over the next 2 years.
About the role
- Managing the maturity of the project vision and requirements through the early Milestone process, ensuring we have a viable project plan at TS which will deliver the embedded Software by the OR milestone.
- Work closely with Product Designers, Design Managers, Heads of Department, Enterprise Architects, Software Scrum teams, Software Managers, Architects and Release Train Engineers to ensure the Software project team are fully informed of the ongoing project status.
- Prepare the EPIC on the team backlog and ensure the scrum teams are aware of the key deliverable dates and content.
- Manage project scope change.
- Prepare and present the product visions for you category at the Program Increment Planning.
- Be a member of the PM community of Practice to drive continual improvement.
- Understand customers’ needs and validate that the delivered solutions meet those needs.
- Understand the business strategy for their Agile Release Train and at the product Portfolio level.
- Understand the Technology, derive feature enablers and the architectural roadmap.
- Planning & Prioritization by managing and prioritize the flow of work.
- Bachelor’s degree in (Electrical/Electronics/Telecommunication/Computer Engineering) or equivalent.
- Software development experience in requirement analysis, architecture, design, coding and testing of embedded system.
- We expect excellent technical leadership skills and the ability to influence the work of others.
- Experience in oversighting high complexity software development projects.
- Comfortable engaging with multiple stakeholders.
- Ability to handle change.
- Experience in usage of the Atlassian suite (JIRA, Confluence, bitbucket) would be an advantage.
- Good understanding of software development life cycles (Agile) and basic electronics hardware (interface to software systems).
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal); fluent in spoken and written English
- Independent and reliable, able to work with others within and across scrum teams, to ensure that the whole project team succeeds in its goals.
- The following would be a good advantage: -
- Experience with C / C++, UML, Python.
- Experience in embedded real-time software engineering, e.g. FreeRTOS.
- Good knowledge of MCU/MPU architecture and its common peripherals.
- Experience/knowledge of configuration and use of sensor devices over I2C, SPI, UART with DMA.
BenefitsDyson Singapore monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and bonuses. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy a transport allowance and comprehensive medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.