- United States - New York Remote
Dyson is a global technology enterprise. We’re growing fast and our ambition is huge – more categories, more locations and more people. Dyson launched in the US in 2002, and since then operations have grown exponentially. Our US headquarters is based in Chicago's Fulton Market neighborhood and employees working in field sales, our service centers, and in our growing number of Dyson Demo Store’s across the country.
The Sales Director will develop and implement sales strategies within the Sales team to drive sales and exceed budget and profit goals. Develop, coach and train account managers to allow them to reach both their personal and business goals. Support Vice President Sales in achieving group goals. This Sales Director for Beauty will drive a retail sales plan for all beauty and personal care national accounts that will result in delivery of sales and profit growth of existing and new Dyson products.
About the Role:
Lead the team to create and execute sales strategies and objectives.
- Develop strategic and tactical plans to achieve near and long term goals. Areas include sales, profit, product, distribution, merchandising, pricing and contractual agreements.
- Communicate plans to internal stakeholders and gain buy-in for implementation.
- Develop, train and coach team members to implement plans for individual and account growth.
- Create partnerships with our customers and their relevant leadership team.
Partner with internal business functions to lead, build, and execute plans of the sales team.
- Manage accountability of team members to internal functions – forecasting, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, finance, logistics, Sales Order Processing, marketing, and field sales.
- Developing new product launch plans with the senior team to maximize profit.
- Assist with special projects, both within sales and other business functions.
Inspire, lead, motivate and coach the team through regular feedback, 1:1s, Personal Development Plans.
- Manage processes to ensure that the team is as effective as possible to meet business objectives.
- Identify gaps in knowledge and skills in the team and build appropriate solutions.
- Develop talent and succession plans as well as team transitions, probationary periods.
Ensure compliance with internal policy with the objective of delivering accurate proposals for senior management consideration/authorization.
- Lead the coordination and review of all internal sales documents such as customer agreements and annual contracts, deduction authorization documents, promotion proposals and pricing recommendations.
- Conduct comprehensive reviews to ensure that underlying commercial considerations have been undertaken.
Fulfill other duties as required.
- Full driver’s license with good driving record.
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Bachelor Degree required; concentration in business or related field preferred
- 5+ years experience in the beauty industry, working with its retailers.
- 10+ years experience in sales/national account sales experience required; with a minimum of 2 years’ experience directly managing a team
- Ability to develop strong relationships with senior leaders/key stakeholders to ensure all stakeholders are informed, engaged, and satisfied
- Ability to understand the Dyson brand and uphold its integrity.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to drive projects from concept through implementation.
- Strong sales and negotiation skills and contract negotiation experience.
- Ability to think strategically and develop long-term plans for the business.
- Solid understanding of and ability to manage a P&L. Strong mathematical & financial analysis skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
At Dyson, how we reward you is linked to our high-performance culture. But it’s about more than salary and bonus. Through a package of financial, lifestyle and health benefits, we support whatever stage of life you’re in and the moments that matter.
- 401K with up to a 4% match
- Company paid Life Insurance and AD&D
- Flexible Savings Account (FSA) and Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Competitive Paid Time Off Benefits including Separate Holiday, Sick, and Vacation Time
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefits (applicable areas only)
- Generous Child Care Leave Program
- Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Generous Dyson Product Discounts
- Multi-Level Healthcare Coverage Options
- Vision & Dental Coverage
- Company paid Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.