- Competitive compensation
- Field Sales, Sales Account Management
- Chicago - USA
Dyson’s Summer Internship Program is a chance for rising seniors and graduate students (those completing their programs in 2021) at accredited US colleges and universities to join what Fast Company has called one of The Most Innovative Companies in the World. Our internships are different - it’s one of the reasons we were ranked one of the Top 100 Internship Programs in the Country in 2017 – and you will have the opportunity to show your skills and make contributions that impact our owners, our people and our global business.
Dyson’s Sales team is looking for dynamic, detail-oriented and analytical interns with any interest in project management to join our team this summer. Our sales organization is the heart of the Dyson US business and everyone is responsible for keeping the business moving and providing a best-in-class customer experience. You’ll need to be quick on your feet and able to pivot your priorities and focus - in an organization that doesn’t still, the team’s work is a growing challenge of ever-evolving numbers.
What to expect from Dyson’s Summer Internship Program:
- We believe people should be paid for their work. Interns are no exception - these are full-time, paid internships including a housing stipend to spend the summer in Chicago if you are from outside of the Chicagoland area.
- The program will run for approximately 10-12 weeks (May/June - August 2020), and flexible based on academic calendars)
- Lunch and learns from Dyson leaders on our business, our strategy, and more!
- Special intern-only outings and trainings
- Leadership opportunities
- Working from Dyson’s brand-new US Headquarters in Chicago, IL
- Feedback from your manager, both during the program, and a summer-end recap to make sure you get the most of your time at Dyson
- Inside Dyson onboarding – learning the fundamentals of our products, people and strategy.
- Team immersion – shadow, learn and support the day-to-day of your function while making real contributions, learning new skills, and challenging you to begin driving your internship.
- The brief: intro to your mission – work side-by-side with team members or other interns on large-scale projects or be assigned a functional project to lead yourself from beginning to end.
- Learning challenges – you will be expected to drive real projects forward and find new ways to contribute and grow as a leader. Through leadership trainings, skills challenges and day-to-day learning, you’ll grow by doing.
- Solving problems others ignore – participate in design thinking workshops with the James Dyson Foundation and lead initiatives in our communities to help inspire the next generation of engineers.
- New ventures: Our internship programs will challenge you and prepare you to join our full-time leadership development programs after graduation. We’re look for the best of the best, and top talent may end their summer with an offer for our America’s finance rotational program – giving you the chance to grow, learn and contribute to our finance and insights organization in the US and Canada, and into new markets as we expand across the Americas
- Free unlimited cold-brew
- In-office Barista Bar
- Casual dress
- Intern outings
Dyson is a global technology company headquartered in Singapore. We transform every category we enter with radical and iconic reinventions that work, perform and look very different. We're about better ideas and better technologies, to solve the problems that others often ignore.
Dyson has over 25 years of experience and expertise in whole machine HEPA filtration and filter media and has its own in-house microbiology lab. Armed with the sort of equipment usually associated with hospital laboratories, Dyson’s two microbiology laboratories offer new research and support to the engineering project teams to develop hygienic purification devices.
Global R&D continues apace, with Dyson developing ambitious new technologies including power systems, motors, vision systems, filtration systems, robotics, machine learning, and AI. It is bringing this powerful combination together into new and existing products, focusing global expertise at key locations in Singapore, UK and China.
AccountabilitiesYou won’t just be an intern, you’ll be a key member of the Dyson team. You can expect to be tasked with project(s) that capitalize on your existing skills and stretch you out of your comfort zone. Your daily responsibilities will differ depending on the team you are on and the variety of business-critical projects means that no two roles will be alike, but you could expect some of the following responsibilities:
- Support the day-to-day sales responsibilities of the Americas market, working under the direction of our sell-in, sell-out and operations leadership
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders, including finance, marketing and supply chain to coordinate on business initiatives
- Contribute to competitive benchmarking and industry intelligence by providing summaries of key findings and trends to stakeholders
- Assess Dyson’s presence in local retail partners, suggesting opportunities for improvement
- Support plans regarding distribution, merchandising, pricing, and product placement
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders in marketing and sales functions
- Contribute to preparation of various performance analysis
- Assess risks and opportunities for new channel ventures and with existing retail partners
- Contribute to a multitude of projects that emerge in a fast-paced environment
- Become an expert in Dyson products and the way we portray our brand
- Work with fellow interns and US Leadership Team on cross-functional project, presented to key stakeholders throughout the program
- Rising undergraduate senior or graduate student (expected to graduate in Spring 2021)
- Some business knowledge through coursework and/or other internship experiences
- Willing to relocate to Chicago
- Advanced proficiency with MS Excel
- Ability to analyze and translate data-based findings into clear, relevant and actionable insights, or have a deep desire to further develop these skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Proven ability to work autonomously and drive projects forward
- Experience working in cross-functional teams
- Detail oriented with excellent oral and written skills; the ability to interface effectively with key stakeholders at every level of the business
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Curiosity and a deep desire to learn
- Process-oriented thinker
BenefitsDyson US ensures that our benefits allow you to make the most out of your life and career at Dyson. Dyson’s benefits take a holistic approach in order to serve our employees. Beyond that, you’ll also enjoy profit-related bonuses and disability cover. But financial rewards or benefits are not at the core of what our employees receive. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops are also available to Dyson employees. And with Dyson being an equal opportunity employer that also possesses a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared towards fueling and realizing every employees’ ambition.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.