- Supply Chain and Logistics
- United States - Chicago Office
Dyson is a global technology enterprise. We’re growing fast and our ambition is huge – more categories, more locations and more people. Dyson launched in the US in 2002, and since then operations have grown exponentially. Our US headquarters is based in Chicago's Fulton Market neighborhood. We also have employees working in field sales, our service centers, and in our growing number of Dyson Demo Stores across the country.
About the role:
The Customer Service Analyst is a front-line communicator with our customer base and provides industry leading service levels to Dyson’s retail customers. This role is responsible for processing retailer orders while ensuring customer requirements are met. This position needs to thrive in a fast-paced environment while maintaining and growing customer relationships and service levels. A high degree of attention to detail is required along with excellent communication skills and the ability to work independently. When service issues arise the Customer Service Analyst needs to communicate the issue clearly and professionally to our customer as well as provide an action plan to remedy the situation. The Customer Service Analyst is the voice of Dyson’s Supply Chain team to our retail customers.
MAIN ACCOUNTABILITIES AND SUPPORTING ACTIVITIES:
Process customer sales orders-
- Identify and resolve errors in EDI documents transmitted from customers.
- Manual entry of purchase orders into SAP as required.
- Ad-hoc order releases to the warehouse for fulfillment
- Assure order accuracy and resolve discrepancies in pricing, quantity, or terms.
- Monitor open orders to ensure on time shipment and fill rate requirements are met; obtain ship window extensions when necessary.
- Maintain and monitor order tracking for allocated products; assess against forecast and communicate variances internally and/or externally.
- Generate procedures and process flows for each retail account you are assigned.
- Identify areas of improvement for various processes and implement changes.
Communication and customer support-
- Effectively communicate externally with retailers to resolve order issues, make adjustments where needed, and provide order status information as requested – provide proactive communication whenever possible.
- Facilitate internal Dyson Sales Account and Order Processing meetings.
- Work closely with Dyson Sales team to determine options and best solution for problematic orders.
- Communicate with the Dyson Supply Chain team to understand receipt planning and allocation figures to ensure inventory shortages and retailer chargebacks are minimized.
- Work with Dyson internal teams to identify and resolve issues resulting from customer, item, or pricing setups.
- Partner with Logistics team to ensure customer orders ship on time, accurately and according to customer routing guide specifications.
- Liaise with Dyson Accounts Receivable to resolve any customer credit issues to ensure shipping deadlines are met.
Auditing and Reporting-
- Daily auditing of open orders to ensure accuracy and timeliness of shipments for the retail accounts assigned.
- Provide new order reporting for use by Dyson upper management.
- Update allocation document for actual orders received to allow for comparison against expectations.
- Analyze retailer’s scorecards regarding Dyson’s supply chain activities and pull in appropriate parties to discuss and initiate corrective actions when necessary.
- Analyze retailer’s chargebacks related to Dyson’s supply chain activities and pull in appropriate parties to discuss and initiate corrective actions.
- Supply other ad hoc reporting as requested for open orders, shipments, customer, and product related inquiries.
- Relish the opportunity to pick up new activities that fall broadly in the purpose of the role.
- Think outside of the box, identifying opportunities for improvement.
- Identify problems and find solutions.
- Demonstrate an acute attention to detail.
- Bachelor’s Degree in logistics or business-related field strongly preferred; high school diploma or GED required.
- 2+ years of prior order fulfillment experience preferred.
- Experience with SAP preferred.
- EDI experience preferred.
- Experience in consumer products goods company strongly preferred.
- Strong customer focus with a sensitivity to customer needs
- Knowledge/proficiency in Microsoft Excel required.
- Excellent organization skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- High level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Adaptable/flexible – able to multitask.
- Sense of urgency and the ability to meet deadlines.
- Capability to excel in a fast-paced environment.
- Task oriented.
- Tireless in getting to the right result.
- Gets the answer by thinking hard – detail and patterns; sees opportunity where others see problems.
- Makes the right decisions with long term, commercial thinking
At Dyson, how we reward you is linked to our high-performance culture. But it’s about more than salary and bonus. Through a package of financial, lifestyle and health benefits, we support whatever stage of life you’re in and the moments that matter.
- 401K with up to a 4% match
- Company paid Life Insurance and AD&D
- Flexible Savings Account (FSA) and Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Competitive Paid Time Off Benefits including Separate Holiday, Sick, and Vacation Time
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefits (applicable areas only)
- Generous Child Care Leave Program
- Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Generous Dyson Product Discounts
- Multi-Level Healthcare Coverage Options
- Vision & Dental Coverage
- Company paid Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.