- Netherlands - Amsterdam Office
Dyson is a global technology enterprise. We solve the problems others choose to ignore, with surprising new inventions that defy convention and simply work better. We’re growing fast and our ambition is huge – more categories, more locations, and more people.
Pioneering technology takes more than just inventive engineers. At Dyson, we take a problem-solving approach to everything we do. Across our support teams, we’re proud to be different and, importantly, we support change to maintain our rapid growth. From our Finance and Security teams, through to Legal, Communications and our People function, we’re focused on delivering an unsurpassed service across the entire business.
We’re committed to our campus culture and want to have people collaborating, developing, and learning from each other, five days a week. By having everyone on campus together, we have been able to nurture a fantastic social and dynamic environment.
About the role
VAT is one of the few financial specialisms that has immediate and practical real-world implications. This role in the Dyson VAT Team offers the opportunity to get to grips with a truly global supply chain, as well as insight into our many routes to market through which we get our consumer products into the hands of owners on a continental scale. Delivering all this requires us to comply with wide-ranging VAT and other reporting obligations across multiple countries, as governments increase the amount of information that businesses are required to provide to them.
As a manager, you will join an established team that is already directly managing these obligations across the EMEA region. Whilst you will also support the day-to-day VAT compliance carried out by the team, when necessary, your focus will be upon delivering efficiencies, and implementing ERP system changes to meet new governmental and legal reporting obligations. Key responsibilities will include analysing, understanding, and implementing solutions to enable us to meet new or expanded Real-Time Reporting, e-invoicing and SAF-T reporting requirements, which will evolve in our existing territories and into new jurisdictions as we continue to expand.
The Dyson VAT Team has a history of embracing new technologies, including the recent implementation of our VAT robot, and the role also offers a chance to work closely with our dedicated Tax Technologist to further embed these process innovations. There will also be opportunities to support projects on new products and in new territories, as well as to unlock process improvements on a worldwide scale.
- Ideally a VAT specialist with deep SAP systems knowledge and experience of SAF-T and other reporting requirements across Europe
- Or a VAT specialist with an interest in developing their SAP knowledge and delivering elegant, automated reporting solutions to the challenges posed by fast-changing global compliance rules
- A CTA qualification would be preferable
- A deep understanding of SAP, including the operation of tax code determination
- Experience interpreting technical governmental guidelines for automated or SAF-T reporting
- Experience analysing and mapping system data points to governmental requirements
- Proactive, a problem-solver, high levels of accuracy and attention to detail, analytical, inquisitive
- Excellent communication skills, and an ability to build, maintain and influence working relationships
- Performance related bonus scheme
- Competitive pension scheme
- Life assurance
- Discounts on Dyson machines and retail discounts
- Free bus travel to and from campus (from Bristol, Bath, Chippenham, and Swindon)
- 27 days’ holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Free on-site lunches, fruit, and hot drinks
- Free on-site sports centre, gym, hair-salon, lifestyle assist (concierge)
- Electric vehicle salary sacrifice scheme
- Ability to purchase additional holiday
- Private medical insurance and dental insurance
- Employee assistance programme, digital GP, on-site physio and GP, prescription service, fertility treatment support
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.