- Design and Development
- United Kingdom - Bristol Office
NPI Software Team (NST) are a highly technical, creative and collaborative team made up of App, Cloud and Embedded Engineers along with Data Scientists. We partner with teams across Dyson to rapidly refine early product concepts and ideas, by developing working prototypes that de-risk tech and help production teams understand what is required so they can focus on delivering.
We have a culture of trust and respect; we believe the teams themselves are the best people to decide how they deliver work, and that within the teams everyone’s contribution is vital. The scrum master role is key to this to help support and develop this.
We are a growing group, moving to 5 interdisciplinary scrum teams - with people coming from diverse educational backgrounds and experience levels. When not building software, we can be found cycling, gaming, cooking, learning foreign languages, making music or building stuff. We’re a very sociable team, often meeting outside of work.
About the role
We’re after someone who understands how to leverage Agile methods to enable teams to deliver effectively. In NST, you are given responsibility to support teams to find the right ways of working so they are efficient and deliver value for all.
You must be comfortable working with a variety of people — be it engineers in other disciplines on how to build a prototype through to commercial teams on understanding the value of the latest data insights. We work on future prototypes, so we often work on-site to maintain secrecy and work collaboratively. Dyson Labs are not your usual workplace!
What you’ll be doing:
- Scrum master for one or two teams in NST
- Coach team on the Agile knowledge, practices either in groups or individually
- Facilitate the ceremonies for the team - bringing focus to the discussion
- Support the PO to ensure ceremonies are well prepared and executed
- Work with teams to remove, manage team’s dependency and risk
- Responsible for monitoring the team’s health and performance
- Work with the wider Scrum master Community and RTE (Release Train Engineer) to improve Agile practices.
- A solid understanding of the agile mindset and principles, and the ability to identify opportunities for improvement and understand how that improvement might be made
- You’re a strong communicator - able to adapt style depending on the interactions required
- You’re comfortable with change – both rapid and unexpected!
- You have experience with the Atlassian tool suite (JIRA, Confluence).
- You know how to use data to help inform decisions but can balance this against the need to understand how people interact
- You can bring enthusiasm and energy to discussions and a creative problem solver
- You actively enjoy dealing with people and supporting them
- Performance related bonus
- Company paid Life Assurance
- Discounts on Dyson machines
- Competitive pension scheme
- Purchase additional holidays
- 27 days holiday plus statutory bank holidays
- Endless free coffee and tea, and a free lunch
- Electric vehicle scheme
- Private Medical insurance for all employees
- Employee Assistance Program for employee and dependents
- Digital GP and prescription service
- Fertility treatment support
- On-site gym and sports centre
- On-site wellbeing centre
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.