- Product Design
- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
For the last few years, we have adopted the agile way of working and have grown considerably during this time. As we continue to grow the number of embedded software scrum teams, we want to access scrum masters with proven experience in other environments.
About the role
As a Scrum Master here at Dyson you would have exposure to supporting one or two teams and would be able to contribute to the continual improvement of agile practices within the embedded department.
We have been developing software at Dyson using agile practices for several years. For the past two years, we have been following SAFe (scaled agile framework). Initially, we sourced Scrum Masters internally. As we grow the number of embedded software scrum teams, we now want to access Scrum Masters with proven experience in other environments.
We require an experienced Scrum Master who will support two scrum teams. One scrum team of embedded software developers already exists, another similar scrum team will be hired over the coming months. The Scrum Master will be a member of the SM Community of Practice and will contribute to the continual improvement of agile practices within the embedded department. The Scrum Master will work with the SAFe Release Train Engineer (RTE) where necessary.
- Experienced Scrum Master ideally for multiple teams, applying agile principles, practices and theory
- Ability to coach, empower and lead teams to self-organisation, encouraging continuous improvement
- Proactively seek to remove impediments or guide the team to remove impediments
- Make work transparent. Progress against goals, measured and made available to stakeholders
- Facilitating discussion, decision making and conflict resolution
- Experience as a Scrum Master using SAFe (Scaled Agile Framework)
- Experience as a Scrum Master in an embedded software environment
- Use of Atlassian tool suite (JIRA, Confluence)
- Agile Coaching
- Certified Scrum Master
- Training opportunities (In house and External)
- A good work-life balance (we work hard whilst we are here, but we don’t typically work late nights or weekends)
- Interesting and varied work, where you won’t be pigeon-holed
- The opportunity to work on products that that you will see in the shops and that you can be proud to have been a part of
- Working with other highly experienced engineers and continuing to learn something new every day
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Life assurance
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidized café
- Discounts on Dyson machines
- Private Medical and Dental
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.