- Design and Development
- Philippines - Alabang Office
The expectation for this role is to be based in the new Philippine Technology Center at FPIP in Sto. Tomas Batangas, as soon as it is completed in 2024
Software is a key component to our Dyson products and future strategy. Our teams develop software from concept through architecture, design, implementation, testing and support across the full range of Dyson products. We operate as a diverse global team that continues to expand, based across multiple sites in the United Kingdom, Singapore, Malaysia, China, the Philippines and Poland.
About the role
The Scrum Master (SM) assists the self-organizing, self managing scrum team to achieve its delivery goals. They align with the Product Owner and team and helps to enable the team to get the work done driving continuously for improvement. The Scrum Master also helps the team coordinate with other teams on the Agile Release Train (ART).
- Scrum master of one or two teams that deliver Embedded Software incrementally.
- Facilitate the agile ceremonies for scrum team. Manage to bring team members focus on the meeting discussion and agenda.
- In day-to-day, work with team/s to remove impediments, manage team’s dependency and risk.
- Proactively offers advice to PO and external team to ensure team is progressing well.
- Responsible on monitoring the team’s health and work with team members closely to ensure team’s health moving to the right direction.
- Responsible to reporting team status transparently and systematic by applying the tools permitted by DYSON.
- Work with Scrum master Community and RTE (Release Train Engineer) to improve agile practices.
- Coach team on the Agile knowledge, practices either in groups or individually.
- Share and deploy the good practices, way of working and processes from top to down to team members, to help increase the effectiveness and efficiency of SAFE within Dyson.
- 3+ years experience as Scrum Master with scrum master certification
- Flexible communication style depending on target audience and the ability to challenge team members when necessary.
- Self-confidence on scrum knowledge and how to apply it.
- Familiar with scrum’s report and statistics analysis and how to apply it to help team do better estimation and planning.
- Agile coaching - Ability to coach, empower and lead teams to self-organisation, self-management and encourage team continuous learning and improvement.
- Ability to work independently, make good judgement when to ask for consultation from others, when to push back and when to make decision appropriately
- Proactively seek to remove impediments or guide the team to remove impediments.
- Experience in utilising the tools to provide work progress against goals and team status transparent, well measured, and available to stakeholders
- Experienced in use of Atlassian tool suite (JIRA, Confluence).
Dyson Philippine monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries, bonuses. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy a transport allowance and comprehensive medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by ambitious growth plans, regular reviews and dynamic workshops.
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.