- Design and Development
- Singapore - Technology Centre
Dyson began twenty one years ago with James Dyson and a handful of engineers questioning everyday products, thinking differently and making them better. We are now the world's number one vacuum cleaner manufacturer in the UK, US, Japan, Europe and Australasia.
We've even branched out to improving commercial technology that frustrates us. The Dyson Airblade hand dryer dries hands in ten seconds, it’s also the most hygienic and energy efficient hand dryer available. And more recently a fan, Air Multiplier, with no blades or grille and that can be controlled remotely from your phone.
There are over 4000 in the world and we’re all inventive and hugely passionate about what we do. At our Development Centre in Johor Bahru, Malaysia & Singapore there are almost 1600 of us, a mixture of engineers and support staff, we are Dyson people that are encouraged to think differently, challenge convention and be unafraid to make mistakes. Our teams there will rise to more than 2000 over the next 2 years.
About the role
- Develop real-time embedded software for production consumer products on a range of silicon platforms, mainly ARM based.
- Involve/Lead software safety plan, safety case, guidelines, templates and conduct confirmation review for safety critical software components.
- Involve/Lead product/system requirement document review and analysis, feasibility study and proof of software safety concept.
- Involve/Lead software architecture according to safety classification and high-level design, as well as improvement of robust solutions and resolutions of technical challenges across projects/matrix structure.
- Identify and manage risks allocated to software.
- Responsible for low-level design, implementation/coding and software testing (unit/component/product level).
- Involve in continuous integration (CI) infrastructure/environnement setup.
- Act as subject matter expert (SME) in specific domain, disseminating knowledge, guiding and mentor engineers in methodology, best practice and standards.
- Proactively identify technical risks within projects and influence engineering teams in their resolution.
- Challenge and develop best practice and process improvements within software team and across the wider RDD function.
- Bachelor Degree in (Electrical/Electronics/Telecommunication/Computer Engineering) or equivalent.
- Software development experience in requirement analysis, architecture, design, coding and testing of embedded system.
- Experience with C / C++, UML, Python.
- Experience in embedded real-time software engineering, e.g. FreeRTOS.
- Good knowledge of MCU/MPU architecture and its common peripherals.
- Experience in configuration and use of sensor devices over I2C, SPI, UART with DMA.
- Experience in on and off target test harness, such as Ceedling, Behave, etc.
- Experience in safety critical software architecture development and life cycle processes, including quality management system, risk management, software safety classification.
- Experience in technical standards for the safety and essential performance of electrical equipment.
- Good understanding of software development life cycles (Agile) and basic electronics hardware (interface to software systems).
- Familiar with embedded development tools (emulators, debuggers, analysers, oscilloscopes, etc) as well as configuration management tools and concepts.
- Knowledge of the Atlassian suite (JIRA, Confluence, bitbucket) would be an advantage.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving ability.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal); fluent in spoken and written English
- Independent and reliable, able to work with others within a scrum team, to ensure that the whole team succeeds in its goals.
- For a highly experienced candidate, we expect excellent technical leadership skills and the ability to influence the work of others. Experience in oversighting high complexity software development projects is an advantage.
Dyson Singapore monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and bonuses. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy a transport allowance and comprehensive medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition. #LI-DYSON
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.