- United Kingdom - Malmesbury Office
At Dyson, it's about more than our machines. We recognise that our success comes from our inventive people. We believe in including everybody and supporting you on your journey with us. We are currently recruiting a Security Officer on a day shift pattern.
Key Accountabilities include:
- Controlling and monitoring physical access
- Administrate and run a card access control system
- Operate and monitor a working Monitoring Centre and CCTV system
- Conducting internal, external, perimeter, car park and other adhoc patrols
- Provide "first response" to incidents in accordance with incident management procedures.
- Support investigations ensuring a chain of evidence integrity
- Acting as a mobile response for off-site locations.
- Conducting searches of employees, bags, vehicles, transit cases and other containers when directed
- Act as Chief Fire Marshall at incident control points for fire register consolidation
- Supporting "front-of-house" services to ensure efficiency of the visitor and VIP experience.
- Acting as Reception in some higher security buildings, out of hours across the site or as directed
- Supporting events, functions and other gatherings
- Perform first aid and / or CPR as required
- SIA Door Supervisor qualification or Close Protection Licence
- Full Driving Licence essential
- Minimum of 1 year experience in a Commercial Security Officer role
- Appropriate standard of fitness to conduct up to 12 hrs on shift and ability to move unaided across the site; including lifts, staircases and uneven ground
- Basic computer skills with experience in using Microsoft Office applications and database packages.
- Ability to deal tactfully, calmly and effectively with a wide range of issues
- Ability to work as part of a large team with a Gold Standard ambition
- Ability to embrace strategic change. Flexibility to cover open shifts as required
- Good attention to detail and ability to prioritise workload in a fast-changing environment
- HSE qualification desirable
- First Aid and Defibrillation qualification essential or willingness to be trained once in role
- SIA CCTV Licence
At Dyson, it's about more than our machines. We recognise that our success comes from our inventive people. We believe in including everybody and supporting you on your journey with us
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.