- Malaysia - Development Centre
Dyson Group Security has the responsibility for delivering security best practice across the global footprint. The physical security of the Dyson Malaysia Development Centre is crucial in ensuring the protection of people, property, information and reputation, not only in Malaysia, but also in support of the global strategic ambition
About the Role
The Security Officer role sits in the Security Operations Team and reports through to the Security Supervisor. Being a part of Dyson Group Security, the Security Supervisor and Team are geographically positioned at the Malaysia Development Centre and report through to the Country Security Manager. The Security Officer will be accountable for acting lawfully in direct protection of life and company property by maintaining a secure and safe environment across the estate and wider remit.
- Controlling and monitoring physical access across the Dyson sites
- Conducting internal, external, perimeter, carpark and other adhoc patrols
- Provide “first response” to incidents in accordance with Dyson incident management procedures.
- Conducting searches of employees, bags, vehicles, transit cases and other containers when directed
- Supporting “front-of-house” services to ensure efficiency of the visitor and VIP experience.
- Supporting events, functions and other gatherings
- Perform first aid and / or CPR as required
- Managing restricted movement of IP from secure areas
- Operate as part of security operation centre
- Understanding and aligning activities with the Dyson behaviours, Code of Ethics and other Dyson working practices
- Collate and provide statistical security data as directed, to ensure delivery to the KPI standards
- Minimum of 1 year, experience in a Commercial Security Officer role essential or lesser time in a role where the key accountabilities in this JD can be demonstrated
- Appropriate standard of fitness to conduct up to 12 hrs on shift and ability to move unaided across the site including lifts, staircases and uneven ground
- Good computer skills with experience in using Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Outlook & Microsoft Office applications
- Proactive, good attitude, fast learner, team player, independent.
- First Aid and Defibrillation, Emergency Response qualification essential or willingness to be trained once in role
Dyson Malaysia monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries, bonuses and pension contributions. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy generous leave, a transport allowance and medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fueling and realizing ambition.
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.