- Security and Risk
- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
About the roleThe site Security Operations Manager is responsible for the efficient and effective management of all aspects of physical security at the Malmesbury site on a 24 hours x 7 day basis. The site Security Operations Manager provides the professional interface with the public, ensuring that the necessary protections are in place to provide an operationally effective, secure, and safe environment across the estate and wider remit by acting lawfully in direct protection of life and company assets. The Security Operations Manager is responsible for the integrity of the corporate security systems and procedures in accordance with regulatory requirements in compliance with British, European, Industry standards, Government Acts and Codes of Practice.
The site Security Operations Manager role operates normal business hours (09:00-17:30 Monday-Thursday, 09:00-16:30 Friday) and is on call 24/7. The role is primarily based at the Malmesbury campus, but requires close collaboration with the Site Security Operations Manager at Hullavington (including covering any absences).
The role has overall responsibility for circa 20-25 in-house Security Officers and direct line management of four Shift Leaders.
About youThe Security Operations Manager must hold or be working towards a formal (CPD) (Continuous Professional Development qualification) and be a member of a recognised security body (i.e. The Security Institute or ASIS International), the following certification is acceptable:
- BTEC Level 5 Diploma in Security Management
- BTEC Level 6 CISM Certified Security Management Professional
- IQ level 7 Advanced Diploma in Security Management
- IOSH Health and Safety – Managing Safety
- Holder of SIA Door Supervisor Licence
- Full Clean Driving Licence
The Security Operations Manager resides within a one hour commute time to site. The candidate will need to demonstrate their experience in managing a large manned guarding portfolio and Security Control Room. They must have at least (5) five years’ experience in a Security Operations role within a commercial environment through direct interface and integration with security personnel at all levels.
Essential Personal Elements
- Strong leadership ability together with excellent communication, influencing, negotiating and engagement skills
- Enthusiastic and committed approach with a track record of building strong, trusted base relationships with colleagues and stakeholders at all levels
- A sound working knowledge of security best practice and legislation affecting the security role
- Ability to work as part of a collaborative Group Security team, as well as independently
- Basic IT skills with a working knowledge of the range of MS Office packages and knowledge of electronic security systems
- Sound judgement and decision making skills, with a ‘hands on’, flexible problem solving approach, able to remain calm under pressure and take control of incidents
- The experience of writing procedures, drafting reports, preparing business cases and compiling and adjusting duty rosters to meet shortfalls in staffing levels
Communication, Verbal and WrittenDue to the very nature of the position, the Security Operations Manager must have a good understanding of the English language and be able to communicate both verbally and in written format.
Leadership SkillsA key component to the success of the security operability and capability will be the leadership skills of the Security Operations Manager. This will include honesty and integrity, inspiring, commitment and passion, good communicator, decision making capabilities, accountability, delegation and empowerment, creativity and innovation and, most importantly, working as one team.
MobilityThe appropriate standard of fitness to conduct up to 12 hrs on shift and ability to move unaided across the site; including lifts, staircases and uneven ground.
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidised café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.