- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
Dyson is committed to building its physical and digital presence to that of an expanding and leading technology brand, with focus innovating the physical and digital experience holistically where possible. The global ‘in house’ retail team consists of a core multi-disciplined group of creatives, marketers, retail specialist and demonstration experts who create and deliver store concepts, retail displays, demo tools, communication assets, film content and trade marketing initiatives across all Dyson global markets.
About the role12 Month Fixed Term Contract based in Malmesbury
The Senior 3D Concept Designer role is responsible for designing retail theatre, experiences and concepts for Dyson’s global stores, which can translate to off-line and on-line experiences. Working cross functionally and collaboratively with the wider retail team as well as commercial and markets to deliver on brand and compelling solutions. Dyson retail concepts are about product presentation, product demonstration and theatre; the product is the hero, and our services are heavily assisted by the Dyson experts to deliver an enhanced in store consumer experience.
You will be responsible for driving your own projects and ensuring you liaise with your manager, design and experience director and key stakeholders within the extended team. The Senior 3D Concept Designer is accountable and responsible for the progress and delivery for your specific projects and wider business goals.
Your time will be partly spent supporting your design manager on commercial business ‘missions’ and delivering NPD solutions for off-line and on-line retail (virtual store), ensuring team resource is adequately split. You will, in time be responsible for developing and maintaining these commercial ‘missions’ along side your NPD campaign responsibilities.
Where relevant you will plan, prepare and attend the Dyson Creative Review. You will follow the DCR approach and present your work and articulate clearly the retail design journey and objectives when required.
To summarise, the key activities and responsibilities are:
- Work with the senior retail team to ensure that your design work incorporates the latest off-line and on-line store design thinking.
- Enforce Dyson brand values in store whilst working within project constraints.
- Provide conceptual thinking whilst delivering commercially viable solutions.
- Prepare for and attend DCR for relevant projects.
- Along with key functional stakeholders, own, drive and deliver retail projects that are suitably planned, governed, resourced and managed, working collaboratively in function and across teams, resolving day to day challenges.
- Mitigate and escalate issues where necessary to senior management. Maintain and update resource and status reports to ensure effective project governance and upward reporting.
- Lead brainstorming and briefing kick-off meetings and creative review meetings.
- Oversee design and development of creative mock-ups and prototypes., including briefing and instructing suppliers.
- Sign-off production items through collaborative working process with the design development team.
- Test new NPD to create immersive working demos in retail environments.
- Work on multiple projects whilst delivering on challenging deadlines.
- Produce and manage specifications and technical packs, liaise with suppliers, freelancers and agencies. Be on call to advise, discuss centrally and in market.
- Activate store visits to research general store environments / fixtures / competitors.
- Keep abreast of the latest Dyson product developments to ensure that displays are future proofed.
- Keep up to date with latest developments in materials, finishes, retail environments, sustainability and virtual technologies to ensure we are constantly innovating the retail experience.
- Design degree
- 7 years + POS and / or retail design experience
- Experienced user of 3D CAD (Solidworks is an advantage)
- Experienced user of 3DS Max
- Experience of Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign
- Experience of AR/VR capability is an advantage
- Confidence in freehand sketching
- Understanding of graphic design and instore communication
- Working knowledge of model making/prototyping, materials and production processes
- Cardboard engineering experience is desirable
- Ability to multitask is paramount. Excellent time management, presentation and communication skills
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidised café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.