- Mechanical Engineering
- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
About the role
This is a fantastic opportunity for an established Acoustician to work within a small team of like-minded engineering problem solvers within our Technology Development – Environmental Care and Lighting department. The successful candidate will apply their skills and experience in acoustics and vibration to provide noise and vibration insight and understanding to the business.
They will carry out experimental and simulation investigations to identify and characterise key noise sources and transfer paths of our products, and provide effective solutions to improve these.
Working alongside the Design teams, they will drive the acoustic development of our new, class-leading products from early concepts to production-ready, ensuring our noise and vibration targets are met.
- Drive designs forward based on sound engineering knowledge and ensure correct decisions are taken at all stages of the design process with regards to noise and vibration.
- Interrogate the acoustics of prototype machines using appropriate measurement and simulation methods.
- Analyse results, summarise findings and communicate these noise and vibration solutions to project teams, including senior managers and directors.
- Support design teams to provide insight and solutions to noise and vibration challenges across RDD.
- Mentor less-experienced team members in noise and vibration theories and best practices.
- Liaise with Research and Development Teams to ensure an effective transfer of technologies into production products.
- Identify potential new research areas which would benefit from noise and vibration technology development.
- A degree in Mechanical Engineering/Noise and Vibration, Acoustics or equivalent.
- Demonstrated ability to investigate, model and provide critical insights into complex physical phenomena relating to noise, vibration, vibroacoustics, aeroacoustics.
- Programming experience e.g. MATLAB, Python, Simscape, Labview, VBA.
- Experience of finite element analysis packages (e.g. ANSYS) and measurement systems (e.g. B&K Pulse) desirable but not essential.
- A highly driven individual who strives for accurate results in every aspect of their work.
- The proven ability to work as part of a team or unsupervised to an agreed goal or set of deliverables.
- A clear logical thinker with exceptional attention to detail.
- A proven structured approach to creative problem solving.
- Ability to communicate appropriate, concise and accurate information in written and verbal formats.
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Life assurance
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidized café
- Discounts on Dyson machines
- Private Medical and Dental
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.