- Operational Engineering
- Philippines - Advanced Manufacturing
Dyson creates products that differentiate on the basis of technical leadership and innovation. This is baked into our product development process, ensuring that only world class products make it into production. We push the boundaries of what others have defined as possible. Our approach starts with an engineering mindset and different thinking. Then we continuously refine our ideas - unwilling to compromise and driven by an obsession for finding a better way.
About the role
What is the function of the team:
- Responsible to carry out the rapid prototyping operations to produce the prototype parts required for technology research and products to meet project time plan.
- Has a deep understanding of AM and RP - specific activities.
- 1. Selective Laser Sintering (SLS),
- 2. Stereolithography (SLA) and
- 3. Fused Deposition Modeling (FDM)
- Responsible to carry out and utilize the available AM and RP facilities or operations to produce the prototype parts required for technology research and products to meet project time plan.
- Support multiple RDD project teams through executing a hands-on role and providing support and advice to the Engineer.
- Collect and track data - implement new practices and procedures as part of continuous improvement.
- Receives minimal guidance and supervision, capable to independently plans and executes their own work to the highest standards and in a timely fashion.
Primary role duties:
- Responsible to support and carry out in-house rapid prototyping activities – Selective Laser Sintering (SLS), Stereo lithography (SLA), Fused Deposition Modelling (FDM) and Objet 3D printing operation to meet project time plan.
- Project management skills, to manage, schedule, and track multiple prototype production and processes simultaneously to meet time plan.
Secondary/additional role duties:
- Interact and collaborate with AM & RP System equipment suppliers on warranty repairs, necessary improvements and upgrades.
- Control and manage by periodically check stock with BIC / inventory system to determine amount available; anticipating needed stock; placing and expediting orders for stock; verifying receipt of stock.
- Accurately inspect finished parts using the following equipment: profile projector, smart scope, microscopes, tool maker's scope, micrometers, smart scope, Renishaw Equator, gage pins, thread gages, indicators, calipers or other equipment.
- Candidate must possess at least diploma or higher diploma in Mechanical / Manufacturing Engineering or any related discipline.
- Minimum 2 - 4 years of working experiences in machining centre, manufacturing industry or any other manufacturing environment.
- Working experience in advanced and prototype engineering will be added advantage.
- Good hand and eye coordination required to perform detailed work.
- Knowledge and experience in 3D CADCAM modelling, understanding mechanical drawings and measuring technique of engineering parameters will be an added advantage.
- The ability to work safely around chemicals and equipment.
- Understanding plastic / metal part design and process.
- Able to cope with the physical demands of the job.
- No allergies related to dust, solvents or paints.
- Normal colour vision and good eye coordination to perform details work.
- No chest complaints.
Specific technical qualifications/exposure:
- Minimum 2 - 4 years of working experiences in AM&RP (Preferable).
- Developing/working knowledge of core discipline (AM & RP).
- Competent/developing user of AM & RP 3D Printing Systems and Operations, RP CAD software tools, SLICE Programming (where relevant) for AM & RP.
- Developing/working in AM & RP technical knowledge & troubleshooting techniques for core discipline (where relevant)
- Developing/working knowledge in AM material - mechanical & technical data.
Behaviours necessary for success:
- Ability to analyse & solve problems using established methodologies. Expected to solve problems effectively, knowing when to ask for help.
- Ability to provide independent opinions/viewpoints to a problem
- Able to perform work in a productive, proficient manner with a positive attitude.
Dyson Philippine monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries, bonuses. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy a transport allowance and comprehensive medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fueling and realizing ambition.
All benefits are accessible from day 1
HMO coverage. Health & wellness is one of our priorities, immediately available for you & dependents so no waiting for employment regularization
Up to 20 days annual leave based on employment service + 15 days medical leave
Dyson product gift upon employment regularization, and discounts on Dyson machines
Exposure to a broad and diverse range of Dyson activities from research through to manufacturing and global sales for Dyson projects
Career development and growth in a global team
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.