- Research Engineering
- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
Dyson offers a unique opportunity for talented individuals to invent, design and develop market leading products for the global market. By working in our world-class research, design and development (RDD) department, these individuals have the opportunity to work alongside leading technical specialists and highly motivated creative people to create products which fulfil our ambition of being truly different and better than our competitors.
About the roleAs part of the Motors Research team, the Senior Aerodynamics Engineer will be part of a multi-discipline engineering and design team responsible for aerodynamic design, analysis and measurement. The Senior Aerodynamics Engineer will be expected to execute independently aerodynamic design, test and analysis tasks, and to have an active role in investigating new technologies and design techniques that push the boundaries of Dyson product performance.
- Develop new designs in the discipline of turbomachinery aerodynamics.
- Investigate potential new enabling technology utilising a variety of experimental and numerical fluid analysis/ simulation platforms.
- Design and optimise both the preliminary and the detailed stages of new motor aerodynamic systems with particular focus on readiness for mass manufacture and system integration opportunities.
- Develop accurate, in depth, experimental techniques both within the research team and the wider Motors group.
- Conduct aerodynamic tests and analyse results, summarise findings and communicate to other members of RDD including senior managers and directors.
- Incorporate new analysis methodologies into CFD workflows.
- Liaise with development teams to ensure effective transfer of technology into future product range.
- A good first degree or higher in Aeronautical or Mechanical Engineering (other relevant engineering disciplines will be considered).
- An excellent working knowledge of fundamental thermodynamics and fluid dynamics.
- Experience of turbomachinery design using a recognised design and analysis toolset (Concepts NREC; Numeca; Fluent; Ansys etc.)
- The ability to work independently on aerodynamic design tasks.
- Experience in automation of design and CFD analysis tasks, numerical optimization and DOE techniques.
- Expertise in design of parts for mass manufacture would be an advantage.
- Experience in the design of aerodynamic test rigs and experience in the experimental characterization of aerodynamic components would be an advantage.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite.
- Ability to communicate appropriate, concise and accurate information in written and verbal format.
- Ability to adapt or generate imaginative and innovative ideas, in line with core Dyson values.
- To be able to multi-task and plan effectively when working with a variety of project teams in an often high-pressure, competitive environment.
- Excellent team-working skills.
- A proven structured approach to creative problem solving.
- A clear logical thinker with exceptional attention to detail.
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidised café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.