Our global reputation is priceless and it always hangs on what we do next. Dyson is a unique technology enterprise. We pioneer. Our biggest category today didn’t even exist a few years ago. Our next biggest category? That could be where you come in.
Dyson is a global technology company with a unique philosophy - to solve problems that others ignore, first. It transforms every category it enters with radical and iconic re-inventions that work, perform and look very different.
Dyson is rapidly expanding in its new and core categories, and across all of its global markets. The next five years are going to be Dyson’s biggest and busiest yet. By 2025, there will be a multitude of new machines, new product portfolios and Dyson’s headcount will have grown.
Dyson Commercial is responsible for taking this amazing technology to market, explaining how our machines are different and their benefits. Within this function, the Global Experience Studio has the unique mission to bring Dyson technology to life, to provide the imagery, films, content, experiences and service that explain our machines, their benefits and the problems they solve for our customers. We create assets and multi-channel journeys that help our customers discover, choose, purchase, learn about and solve issues they may have with our machines.
About the project
Confidential project that will deliver a new platform taking Dyson’s digital strategy into the future. This mission will be overseen at exec level.
About the role
12 Month Contract based in Malmesbury, Wiltshire
Reporting to the Head of Transformation Programmes (Commercial), the Senior Agile Project Manager will manage the initiation, delivery and closure of this project.
* Translate strategy into deliverables and actions
* Daily decision making against strategic direction
* Manage mission team and ensure delivery against strategy and timeline
* Ensure wider commercial projects align and feed into this new platform
* Provide progress updates and demonstrations
* Deliver the new platform globally for a September launch
* Manage business-as-usual enhancements to the platform for the remainder of the contract
* Build and lead a strong multi-disciplinary project team, ensuring effective day-to-day management
* Define appropriate methodology for the team to ensure efficiency and maximise collaboration
* Maintain active engagement and alignment with project sponsor and stakeholders
* Ensure effective and timely communication and reporting to project governance authorities and stakeholders
* Create project plan and track progress against it
* Create documentation of exceptional quality, including setup documents (scope, success criteria, governance structure, etc.) and project management deliverables (status, RAID, etc.)
* Ensure project deliverables meet quality expectations and acceptance criteria and are signed off within the required timescales
* Manage the engagement of third parties in delivering any aspects of the programme scope
* Proactively and diligently identify, manage, resolve and/or escalate risks and issues
* Set up and run key governance forums, e.g., steering committee, working groups, stand-up meetings, as appropriate
* At least 8 years’ experience of project management, ideally gained in complex strategic projects for large organisations
* A track record in large scale, transformational delivery
* Excellent knowledge of several project and programme management methods (e.g., PRINCE2, PMP, MSP, Six Sigma) and agile delivery methodologies (e.g., Scrum, SAFe, DSDM)
* In-depth knowledge and experience of all stages of the project lifecycle, from business case development, scoping and mobilisation to design, implementation and deployment of capabilities and benefits realisation
* Experience of setting up and using project management tools such as MS Project, Planview, Jira or Monday
* Ability to develop and successfully lead a strong multi-disciplinary programme team, potentially across multiple organisations and locations (on site, remote, offshore)
* Strong leadership qualities
* Ability to understand the project’s goals and business case and become a strong agent of change
* Confident communicator able to develop, tailor and deliver the right messages about the programme to the right stakeholders at the right time
* Strong budget management and financial reporting skills
* 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
* Pension scheme
* Performance related bonus
* Private medical insurance
* Life assurance
* Sport centre
* Free on-site parking
* Subsidised café and restaurants
* Discounts on Dyson machines
At Dyson, it's about more than our machines. We recognise that our success comes from our inventive people. We believe in including everybody and supporting you on your journey with us