- Information Technology
- United Kingdom - Bristol Office
Dyson is a global technology enterprise. We solve the problems others choose to ignore, with surprising new inventions that defy convention and simply work better. We’re growing fast and our ambition is huge – more categories, more locations and more people.
Pioneering technology takes more than just inventive engineers. At Dyson, we take a problem-solving approach to everything we do. And across our support teams, we’re proud to be different. And importantly, we support change to maintain our rapid growth.
About the role
IT Service Continuity and Disaster Recovery are key strategic priorities for Dyson, recognised and strongly backed at Board level. With our rapid growth, global footprint, and the great range of activities supported by our technology (from research and design, to manufacturing, logistics, and retail) Dyson’s systems present a challenging, and ever-evolving cyber risk landscape.
This is a newly created role, and an opportunity for a subject matter expert in IT service continuity to make a direct impact on Dyson’s global organisational resilience strategy. The responsibilities are not operational or reactive - you’ll be joining a small team of specialists to implement a programme which relies on a clear vision, effective prioritisation and on applying technical expertise in a long-term, joined-up way around the business.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Contributing subject matter expertise to Global IT Service Continuity and Disaster Recovery strategy, supporting Dyson’s overall IT Risk & Compliance framework.
- Maintaining and evolving IT Service Continuity and Disaster Recovery Standard.
- Identifying IT Service Continuity and Disaster Recovery risks, communicating to project teams and stakeholders.
- Working with our Enterprise Architecture Team to inform policies and standards and drive architectural governance across the organisation.
- Owning IT Disaster Recovery test schedule, test capabilities and processes.
- Liaising with technical teams, ensuring test Terms of Reference meet requirements.
- Providing guidance on procurement, ensuring vendors and service providers align with our company policies and standards.
- Developing documentation and training materials for IT Service Continuity and Disaster Recovery processes.
This role will be based on site, either at our state-of-the-art technology campus in Malmesbury, Wiltshire or our office in central Bristol.
You’ll have previous experience of Business Continuity / Disaster Recovery planning in a hybrid Cloud / OnPremise landscape, in a complex, international organisation. You’ll also have strong knowledge of formal architectural methods, and their application to business policies and processes.
Other key requirements include:
- Exceptional analytical skills.
- Ability to quickly understand complex business problems, identify key issues and relevant information, then define a technology-based solution.
- Excellent relationship building and influencing skills (your stakeholders will include IT technical experts, and senior colleagues across Dyson.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to effectively present complex technical information to a range of audiences.
- Certified Business Continuity Professional (CBCP), CBCI, MBCI, DRI (or equivalent) will be an advantage.
- Performance-related bonus scheme
- Competitive pension scheme
- Life assurance and income protection
- Discounts on Dyson machines
- Free bus (coach) travel to and from Malmesbury campus from Bristol, Bath, Chippenham and Swindon
- 27 days’ holiday (plus public holidays)
- Ability to purchase additional holidays
- Free parking on-site
- On-site hair salon, sports centre and gym – all free
- Free lunch and free, (unlimited) hot drinks and fruit
- Free on-site Lifestyle Assist service (concierge)
- Electric vehicle salary sacrifice scheme
Health & Wellbeing
- Private medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Health Assessments
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Free GP service (both on-site and digital)
- Free gym, fitness classes and wellbeing centre on-site
- Fertility treatment and menopause support
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.