- Data Analysis
- United States - Chicago Office
PURPOSE OF POSITION
The Sr. Analyst, Sales Operation & Planning will work in partnership with top customers, as well as with Dyson Sales, Supply Planning, Finance and Marketing, with a focus on improving customer forecast accuracy and ensuring proper replenishment of inventory. This position will develop collaborative relationships with retailer planning teams to ensure alignment on agreed upon plans, and support the National Account and Demand Planning teams in creating account level sales and inventory forecasts.
MAIN ACCOUNTABILITIES AND SUPPORTING ACTIVITIES
Main responsibilities include forecasting, which includes base item forecasting, promotional forecasting, and event planning, weekly/monthly performance analysis, weekly CPFR and execution of an Integrated Planning process with the Retailer.
- Develop and execute assortment and promotional effectiveness analysis
- Support delivery of assigned budgets on monthly, quarterly and yearly basis
- Support execution of strategic plans for retailers, and products by developing and maintaining weekly CPFR, as well as an Integrated Planning process to align on longer term execution and deliver the annual plan
- Forecast at the account and product level as required
- Analyze weekly in-stock data and partner with account to identify and resolve stock out issues at chain and store level.
- Seek consensus and approval from internal stakeholders for proposed plans; negotiate with accounts to achieve company's best position
- Monitor retailer sales and inventories; assess risks and opportunities; communicate and implement best profit and high customer satisfaction solutions
Plan, develop, and manage relationships with retailers and internal Dyson teams, current and new.
- Represent Dyson to the Retailer; demonstrate exemplary execution of Dyson values with business partners.
- Seek out decision makers and influencers, to best manage the business. Create positive working relationships across all levels of the retailer and Dyson organizations.
- Comprehensive knowledge of your customers and the ability to communicate that knowledge, serving as the voice of the customer internally
- Support plans regarding distribution, merchandising, pricing, and product placement.
- Identify opportunities and related risks; assess situation and propose action
Contribute to the US Sales team.
- Serve as an active and high performing member of the team
- Partner with other team members to support new opportunities as they arise
- Be able to challenge self and others in accepting the norm, while working towards best practices
Fulfill other duties as necessary and assigned.
- Relish the opportunity to pick up new activities that fall broadly in the purpose of the role
- Think outside of the box, identifying opportunities for improvement
- Identify problems and find solutions
Experience and Education
- Bachelor’s degree required; business major preferred
- 2-3 years in a Sr. Analyst role preferred
- Prior experience working with a sales function is a plus
- Prior Retail Planning experience, or experience working with a major US Retailer preferred
- Prior experience with CPFR and JBP processes strongly preferred
- Advanced knowledge/ proficiency in Microsoft Excel, and Outlook is required
- SAP experience is a plus
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects
- Shrewd-Ability to deliver projects in full, on time and to the highest quality
- Ingenious - An innovative yet objective thinker
- Attuned – ability to communicate with all levels of the organization with positive intent
Dyson is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities
At Dyson, it's about more than our machines. We recognise that our success comes from our inventive people. We believe in including everybody and supporting you on your journey with us
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.