- SGD Competitive Remuneration Package
- Energy storage
- Singapore - Singapore
From its origins in a small workshop in rural England, Dyson has grown into a technology company with a global footprint. We have offices from Auckland to Zurich, via Singapore, Moscow and Chicago. While engineering remains at our core, our passion for problem solving across different disciplines runs throughout our business. We're a diverse workforce made up of people with different Dyson behaviours.
Our philosophy remains the same as it was 25 years ago when James Dyson invented the first cyclonic vacuum cleaner. We remain family-owned. We don’t bow to outside shareholders or report to the stock exchange. Instead we plot our own path, unshackled from conventional thinking.
Dyson people are encouraged to think differently, challenge convention and be unafraid to make mistakes). We’re creative, collaborative, practical, enthusiastic and resourceful. But most of all we’re passionate about what we do.
Being a pivotal role in the concept to production of a Dyson Designed Cell puts the Development team at the heart of this exciting journey. The Team will translate early concept directions into fully developed, optimised & validated solutions to make at high volume for the next generation of Dyson products.
About the role
This role forms key technical contribution of the Cell physical build at both prototype and pilot level to meet Dyson’s ambitious new process requirements. Utilizing skills in comprehensive cell build processes to setup flexible and high quality controlled cell prototyping flow, ensuring accurate and agile cell verification and validation for smooth transition from development to production.
A successful candidate will have the technical skills to translate research given cell build know-how and develop these to a fully robust prototyping which theoretically and empirically liked with pilot and production scaling up. Reporting to the Energy Storage Application team, the role will encompass object management, build skills in a laboratory/factory and Technical contribution and progress updates.
- Be a key technical member of the physical cell assembly at all stages of prototyping through to mass production.
- Establish flexible and quality-controlled cell prototyping is met for Form, Fit & Function of the cells depending on our development purposes before passing to the verification team – accelerate cell build capability for a smooth transition from prototyping to production.
- Be able to evaluate the cell to demonstrate the build conforms to the specification – capture each requirement from the design, process and chemistry teams and give them timely feedback with theoretical and empirical prototyping solutions.
- Facilitate technical transfer of cell build matters from research to development and production by leading appropriate cell build facility, equipment and material setup through the collaboration with research, procurement, production and relevant teams.
- Ensure all safety and operation standards in a cell build environment are constructed, documented and followed.
- Actively build cells, along with assisting and supporting engineers and technicians to assembly prototypes. Solve challenging problems on assembly of a variety of designs and deliver continuously to the highest safety standard.
- Build relationships with internal departments, external suppliers, industry bodies within Energy Storage.
- Demonstrate clear presentation of technical information and supporting documentation to ensure accurate hand over either to other teams within the UK or Far East.
- Take responsibility for cell recycling technologies from the viewpoint of cell build to ensure circular economy in key cell materials for reducing environmental impact.
Qualifications / Professional Memberships:
Educated to Degree level (scientific/engineering based)
- 3+ years’ experience and exposure of Energy Storage Cell Build matters.
- Experience working with Secondary Cell Research, development or production
- An ability to demonstrate a good understanding of cell build procedure to ensure cell safety and reliability during cell assembly based on the foundations of cell technology.
- A broad understanding of material properties and manufacturing processes related to Cell engineering.
- Possess Design For Manufacture (DFM) mind-set, proficient in basic measurement instrument tools, knowing how to manage and analyse the data using statistical tool e.g. JMP or Minitab etc.
- Good organisational skills with a methodical and detailed approach.
- Good time management skill, able to work in flexible manner and multi task without losing focus.
- Fluent in both speak and writing in English, able to communicate with all levels of organization and good in documentation and report writing.
- Persistent approach to problem solving and an inquisitive nature
- Must demonstrate a passion for working for Dyson.
- Appreciation of relevant Battery technology or battery products across the industry.
- When required, travel to other Dyson facilities in Asia/UK for project engineering build support.
In order to increase your chances of being short listed please ensure you submit a supporting statement in addition to your CV clearly addressing how you meet the essential & desirable criteria as outlined in the person specification, plus details of your current and required package.
BenefitsDyson Singapore monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and bonuses. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy a transport allowance and comprehensive medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.